Homebrew Suggestion REQUEST! Switch Micro SD card reader Tester Homebrew.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't get sx-os to boot because for some odd reason it doesn't find the boot.dat file on the sd card. When I try to run sx-os i get "boot.dat?" error. Hekate also doesn't find the sdcard. When I try to dump my nand I get "Failed to init sd card". OFW has no issues with the sd card. I can install eshop games/take screenshots/savegames and everything else. So I was wondering if maybe there's a program that can test to see if the switches sdcard reader has issues.
I've tried everything...
I made this thread on it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-sx-os-boot-dat-error.510109/

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is your sd card formatted the right way as fat32 or exFAT if it is formatted the default way from windows it will be NTFS, the switch wont read it

Boostnek9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
What are you sending the payload.bin with? TegraRCM? if so, which version?
Also trying to follow your previous thread, have you formatted the card with the switch to try it?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youve used 5 cards of similar make and model. Chances are they simply don't work with the custom driver. Just hit up TX support if they are even sort of worth the money you paid they can help you. If not demand a refund and use free/open source methods... Yes the free options will soon be as high in compatability as TX and not cost you money for what's essentially stollen software.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also trying to follow your previous thread, have you formatted the card with the switch to try it?
yes, I have tried everything. Only thing I can think of is that sx-os payload and hekate's payload is incompatible with some switches sdmcc controller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Youve used 5 cards of similar make and model. Chances are they simply don't work with the custom driver. Just hit up TX support if they are even sort of worth the money you paid they can help you. If not demand a refund and use free/open source methods... Yes the free options will soon be as high in compatability as TX and not cost you money for what's essentially stollen software.
I posted on my other thread that all of the sd cards work fine and boot sx-os on my second switch.

Boostnek9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
yes, I have tried everything. Only thing I can think of is that sx-os payload and hekate's payload is incompatible with some switches sdmcc controller.

Did it work at all at some point? Or only after v1.3 sx-os?

TBH, this is a great opportunity for reswitched to test and have a look. @SciresM , care to chime in ?

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've tried both sx-pro dongle and tegrarcm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did it work at all at some point? Or only after v1.3 sx-os?

TBH, this is a great opportunity for reswitched to test and have a look. @SciresM , care to chime in ?
had never worked. console was on 4.1 and after trying to get it to work for hours I decided to update to 5.1 and still didn't work.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they all work for everything in one switch and only some things on the other? If so, that is extremely strange. Is it possible that Nintendo uses different manufacturers for the SD readers?

Reactions: comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they all work for everything in one switch and only some things on the other? If so, that is extremely strange. Is it possible that Nintendo uses different manufacturers for the SD readers?
they work perfectly on one switch and on the other it works perfectly with official firmware but it won't boot sx-os or when trying to dump nand with hekate I'll get "failed to init sd card" error.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv