[Request] R4 and AR DSi

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kloklopfer, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Kloklopfer
    OP

Kloklopfer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey
    After using Apache Thunders Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher i got a bit curious about its limitations.
    At first would it be possible to remove the date check in the firmware of the R4 (R4-SDHC with WiFi) to work after 2008?
    And secondly i tried to launch my Action Replay DSi with the Stage2 Laucher but it froze at the white screen (with and without a game inserted in the AR). Is it possible to get this working aswell? I mean the old Firmware from the R4 Card works too so why not also the DSi AR?

2. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I haven't used either, but I think the stage 2 launcher is only for really old cards. Newer cards need the stage 1 launcher.

3. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    I believe ys menu can fix 2 of your issues. Ys menu has no date check and also has cheats support (without the physical action replay unit in your system). I personally doubt the stage 2 launcher can disable date checking, you as the launcher only allows you cart to boot, nothing else.

Kloklopfer likes this.
  4. Thunder Hawk

Thunder Hawk Firefox Master Race

Jan 21, 2013
    United States

Kloklopfer likes this.