Homebrew Request: Pedometer setter

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would this be possible? Due to my work schedule the main times I get to play my games (some of which have features that use the Pedometers reading to give increased power or speed up stuff) is shortly after midnight like 3am so I can rarely get the Pedometer racked up since I don't want to walk circles around my house and don't want to walk outdoors after the midnight reset.

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, Other in game features like Mario & Luigi Dream Team having a equip item that boosts attack based on the Pedometer count. Also Pokemon games speed up O-Power generation by different multipliers based on the Pedometer count.

I already know about the coin setter but that is not what I need.

Reactions: Margen67

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive just never heard of a game that rewards you based off of steps takin while in streetpass mode is all

I think the point is to have you get up and move around and not play video games all day. Like the poke-walker, the whole thing is easily defeated with a vibrating back massager, or for me I would just do a load of laundry and get the steps needed to level up my pkmnz.

Reactions: Zidapi

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the point is to have you get up and move around and not play video games all day. Like the poke-walker, the whole thing is easily defeated with a vibrating back massager, or for me I would just do a load of laundry and get the steps needed to level up my pkmnz.

I still have my pokewalker I used to place it on top of my dryer :P

Reactions: Kelton2

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know the point and understand it but I don't have a standard schedule and mainly play on weekends shortly after the daily reset. Also doing a load of laundry that often would be a waste of water since I live alone and can't get enough clothes dirty that often to make it worth it.

Reactions: 1 person

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I know the point and understand it but I don't have a standard schedule and mainly play on weekends shortly after the daily reset. Also doing a load of laundry that often would be a waste of water since I live alone and can't get enough clothes dirty that often to make it worth it.

you just need to turn the console on and carry it with you on your bag or something.. also streetpasses when you do that!

or use your phone vibration, but i dont recommend this unless you got a silicon case or something to protect the console...

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Set the 3DS time off by a few hours so that when you play, the pedometer hasn't reset? Don't really need the 3DS clock to be accurate, do you?

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Set the 3DS time off by a few hours so that when you play, the pedometer hasn't reset? Don't really need the 3DS clock to be accurate, do you?
That could be a idea but I may just give up I thought someone might like the idea of making this since no one seems to have a problem with the coin setter. I don't always use those features in game anyway.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the main problem is, does anyone even know WHERE the pedo step data is stored? If not, that kinda needs to be found before someone can make a setter app for it.

MrCheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the main problem is, does anyone even know WHERE the pedo step data is stored? If not, that kinda needs to be found before someone can make a setter app for it.
It's stored in the same place as game coins. But strangely, changing it has no effect, unlike the coins.

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chris_hansen.png

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Would this be possible? Due to my work schedule the main times I get to play my games (some of which have features that use the Pedometers reading to give increased power or speed up stuff) is shortly after midnight like 3am so I can rarely get the Pedometer racked up since I don't want to walk circles around my house and don't want to walk outdoors after the midnight reset.
Then just find something to shake the 3DS. Very fast. Or hold it in your hand and shake it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night