ROM Hack [Request] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate G-Rank Solo Hack

MLGToad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering if it would be possible for anyone to create a hack that essentially removes the multiplayer scaling. This would make it so that G-Rank can be played like single player since most of it is balanced for 2 players.. I don't know how easy this would be or if this would even be possible, but any input would be appreciated.

Edit: I changed some of the things that I said. I'll probably just play online with others. Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited by MLGToad,

MLGToad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe NTR cheat plugins exist for MH4U; have you considered just using a x2 damage cheat? It achieves the same goal you're aiming for with comparatively little effort.

I never considered this. This is much easier than my original idea, thanks.

Reactions: Scarlet

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In ALL MH games from MH1G to MHXX the "multiplayer scaling" is simply 20% more health (actually about 14% more HP and 9% higher defense reaching the same result as a 20% HP buff would), nothing more. If hunts are taking an hour for you, you are probably just doing something wrong like hunting too inefficiently. If you are having trouble, either learn to play more efficiently and effectively (get better equipment, exploit weak spots, elemental resistances, start learning monster patterns, etc.) and then hunts shouldn't take you longer than 13-15 mins for single monster quests and that's generously assuming you are still using bad equipment.

If you are too lazy to play the game as intended, just go online and people will help you out, the online is still much more active than in MHGen and you can easily find people to help you rank up or farm things. If you want to take the extra easy route, then go grab the MH4U NTR plugin and use the 1HP cheat, allowing you to one shot or capture everything the moment the quest starts... No "mod" for making Grank easier though.

MLGToad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In ALL MH games from MH1G to MHXX the "multiplayer scaling" is simply 20% more health (actually about 14% more HP and 9% higher defense reaching the same result as a 20% HP buff would), nothing more. If hunts are taking an hour for you, you are probably just doing something wrong like hunting too inefficiently. If you are having trouble, either learn to play more efficiently and effectively (get better equipment, exploit weak spots, elemental resistances, start learning monster patterns, etc.) and then hunts shouldn't take you longer than 13-15 mins for single monster quests and that's generously assuming you are still using bad equipment.

If you are too lazy to play the game as intended, just go online and people will help you out, the online is still much more active than in MHGen and you can easily find people to help you rank up or farm things. If you want to take the extra easy route, then go grab the MH4U NTR plugin and use the 1HP cheat, allowing you to one shot or capture everything the moment the quest starts... No "mod" for making Grank easier though.

I probably should have thought over my post more before posting it. I haven't done any of the G-Rank multiplayer hunts yet. When I said about taking an hour I was drawing for experience in high rank and exaggerating a bit. I'll edit my post to fix it.

I don't want to just cheat my way through G-Rank, it would take the fun out of it. I would just prefer to play solo since I'm worried I'm not good at the game and would ruin hunts for others. I'll probably just end up playing multiplayer and trying to be better. Hopefully my time in World has helped me get better since I last played 4U.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I probably should have thought over my post more before posting it. I haven't done any of the G-Rank multiplayer hunts yet. When I said about taking an hour I was drawing for experience in high rank and exaggerating a bit. I'll edit my post to fix it.

I don't want to just cheat my way through G-Rank, it would take the fun out of it. I would just prefer to play solo since I'm worried I'm not good at the game and would ruin hunts for others. I'll probably just end up playing multiplayer and trying to be better. Hopefully my time in World has helped me get better since I last played 4U.
ThoD does have a point though. Your experience of MH will only get better as you learn deeper mechanics. Knowing which weak spot to hit with which element, which parts to break for optimal part gain and risk reduction, it's all great fun.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Trust me, online you will find a LOT of terrible players, but we still all have fun hunting together. As long as you don't go in a hall that farms something like end-game apexes, you shouldn't get any bad attitudes from the others if you mess up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.