ROM Hack [REQUEST] Monster Hunter 4 Sav Editor

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, but now how I have to do whith the file I have extracted in order to modify the player name or the money?

As for the Names, you can take the Website.

No Money cheat, its pretty simple to get z with downloading
Quests from DLC. DLC > Event-Quests > 3000 - 35000z

Gaulwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi guys, thanks for the info!

I just lost my 180h save (should have made a backup, I know...), and have been trying to HxD my user1 in a new save either to get some stuff to help me get back to G1 rank, or find a way to edit my hunter rank and completed quests.
I tried extracting 'user1' with Save Data Filer, but couldn't get any useful file, the data appear completely different from 2 dumps of the same save. Apparently there's an extra layer of protection.

I did manage to test and successfully change my Hunter's and Palico's name thanks to Banxian tool on MH4U.
I suppose Banxian has found a way to decrypt/encrypt the save.

Liomajor, here's the info you are looking for to fix the guildcards:
http://pastebin.com/CXdd1GaH
However, you will need a way to decrypt/encrypt user1 and card1.

Personally, I'm interested in a save around G1-G3 for me to restart from the point my save got corrupt. If anyone want to share his save with me, I can change your hunter or palico name in return.

gozza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, thanks for the info!

I just lost my 180h save (should have made a backup, I know...), and have been trying to HxD my user1 in a new save either to get some stuff to help me get back to G1 rank, or find a way to edit my hunter rank and completed quests.
I tried extracting 'user1' with Save Data Filer, but couldn't get any useful file, the data appear completely different from 2 dumps of the same save. Apparently there's an extra layer of protection.

I did manage to test and successfully change my Hunter's and Palico's name thanks to Banxian tool on MH4U.
I suppose Banxian has found a way to decrypt/encrypt the save.

Liomajor, here's the info you are looking for to fix the guildcards:
http://pastebin.com/CXdd1GaH
However, you will need a way to decrypt/encrypt user1 and card1.

Personally, I'm interested in a save around G1-G3 for me to restart from the point my save got corrupt. If anyone want to share his save with me, I can change your hunter or palico name in return.

hah iam about 100h in. going to make that backup right now lol.
do i just have to backup the rom?

and what is that Banxian tool you are speaking of? where did you get it?

Gaulwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Banxian's tool was mentionned a few messages above.
Here it is: http://my1993.com/wip/mh4genc.php
It allow you to change you hunter's name and Palico's name. It is definetly possible to change more, but Baxian did not reveal his way of decrypting/recryting the user1 file.

The best thing you can do Gozza, is to use SaveDataFiler, and share the files extracted. It will let anyone with the same tool import it, no matter if they are using Gateway, Sky3ds, retail cartridge, eshop...
If you do not intend to share it, a simple backup of your .SAV is enough.

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Banxian's tool was mentionned a few messages above.
Here it is: http://my1993.com/wip/mh4genc.php
It allow you to change you hunter's name and Palico's name. It is definetly possible to change more, but Baxian did not reveal his way of decrypting/recryting the user1 file.

The best thing you can do Gozza, is to use SaveDataFiler, and share the files extracted. It will let anyone with the same tool import it, no matter if they are using Gateway, Sky3ds, retail cartridge, eshop...
If you do not intend to share it, a simple backup of your .SAV is enough.

There you go.
This is my MH4U G1(HR46) save. You can have it.

Preview:
http://postimg.org/image/xoph3zfyz/

Attachments

• user3.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 403
Reactions: Gaulwa

gozza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There you go.
This is my MH4U G1(HR46) save. You can have it.

Preview:
http://postimg.org/image/xoph3zfyz/

i just tried to import your file, just to try it but i cant figure it out.

your file is named user3

but my filestrukture of my save looks like this:
mh4u.png

iam using EU version
any idea how to get it to work?

EDIT:

just realised that i have to export my user, but the save file says its broken in SaveDataFiler
What can i do about it? :wtf:

Gaulwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

gozza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
indeed i forgot to rename the save, but still it shows only broken on all saves.
i followed the tutorial :|
mounted the rom then started SaveDataFiler

First, you should make a backup of your own game with SDF, then place my file inside the folder and restore your own save with it.

Of course, if your game is already showing a corrupt file, you should start a new save(ereasing the .sav inside your SD card) and start a new one, make a new save file, then save your game, go back to home menu(don't forget to quit entering another game/app) then export with SDF and now you can place my file inside and import it back again with SDF.

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's easy.
Just delete the .sav inside your SD Card(inside the 3DS not Gateway's).

If your save is USA: 0004000000126300.sav
If your save is EUR: 0004000000126100.sav

gozza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's easy.
Just delete the .sav inside your SD Card(inside the 3DS not Gateway's).

If your save is USA: 0004000000126300.sav
If your save is EUR: 0004000000126100.sav

in fact i removed everything expcet Nintendo 3DS dir, 000400000FF40A00.sav and Launcher.dat

trying to figure out what iam doing wrong. maybe i have to format my sd card

EDIT:
turns out that i had the wrong SaveDataFiler.cia
I got version 5.0.0 now and it seems to work. was really hard to find a working one... :wtf:

EDIT2:
here is my save file if anyone wants it :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11911028/user1
hr5
caravan8

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
First, you should make a backup of your own game with SDF, then place my file inside the folder and restore your own save with it.
I can confirm that this works. It didn't work for me at first, but thats because I was trying to import from folder with a changed name. I wanted to keep a backup copy, so i inserted this one into a folder named something like 20150310115500_Cheater. Once I changed the name to normal (in this case, just 20150310115500) it imported fine.

Awesome rare equipment by the way.

Reactions: Rurounik9999

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can confirm that this works. It didn't work for me at first, but thats because I was trying to import from folder with a changed name. I wanted to keep a backup copy, so i inserted this one into a folder named something like 20150310115500_Cheater. Once I changed the name to normal (in this case, just 20150310115500) it imported fine.

Awesome rare equipment by the way.

Thanks... It's been a week since i last played it.
Don't have so much time to play anymore and that's the reason i wish i had an editor or so.

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks... It's been a week since i last played it.
Don't have so much time to play anymore and that's the reason i wish i had an editor or so.

One thing I was wondering was, how do you have both Mario and Luigi cat costumes when we only get enough mushrooms for one?

Gaulwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Either he cheated, or since receiving the package is linked to your Nintendo account and not the game itself... he used 2 accounts on separate 3DS to purchase 2 packs?

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Either he cheated, or since receiving the package is linked to your Nintendo account and not the game itself... he used 2 accounts on separate 3DS to purchase 2 packs?

Second one is the right choice.
Since it's linked to your NNID, i just used my Gateway in another 3DS(i have 2 3DSs) with another NNID and it allowed me to download everything again.

Reactions: cearp

Rhokk222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wouldn't really call that "cheating" either. The mushrooms are kinda tied to free DLC that gives access to a choice of 1 (outa 2) palico armors that are not the best in-game. Whatever method he used to give him the abiltiy to have both sets instead of only one, would be better summed up by saying he... manipulated?

White knights everywhere... geez

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it at all possible to take someones G Rank save, edit hunter name but have it still work with my own dump of my physical copy of the game?

This is my 3rd (THIRD) time playing through MH4 and im a little burnt out having to go through HR AGAIN.

I just want to get to G1 where I left off in 4G!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more