Homebrew [request] homebrew 3ds screen recorder

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
so capture cards are expensive and my camera is bad and i want to record videos of my rom hacks so i think this would be a good idea so you don't need a capture card.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well it means the only real use for 3ds homebrew is romhacks and save editing because it has out dated specs and we don't even have kernel access on the firmware im on

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
well it means the only real use for 3ds homebrew is romhacks and save editing because it has out dated specs and we don't even have kernel access on the firmware im on
what? what the fuck are you talking about, Homebrew is meant for developers to port their applications and games to the 3DS without having to go through the long and expensive road of becoming official nintendo devs, and if you want kernel so bad then buy a 3DS on old firmware, you can find cheap ass ones on Ebay

Reactions: josamilu

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The system requirements for taking a screenshot are vastly different to making a screen recording or wirelessly streaming content to another device.

Taking a screenshot causes a short pause mid-game already, imagine the lag caused by taking 60 of them per second. I doubt the 3DS would even be capable of writing data at that rate. And this doesn't even include internal audio capture, which I'm not sure the 3DS is even capable of without kernel access at the moment.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
what? what the fuck are you talking about, Homebrew is meant for developers to port their applications and games to the 3DS without having to go through the long and expensive road of becoming official nintendo devs, and if you want kernel so bad then buy a 3DS on old firmware, you can find cheap ass ones on Ebay
we will get a kenral exploit one day obver 9.2 other consoles have had exploits patched but they eventually came back

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah but my second 3ds is over 9.2 but it is not even on lasted firmware and im not gonna update it any more
I would update it if I were you, you literally have no point in staying on the firmware you are on. also like mentioned above the 3DS cannot and will not ever handle a video stream thing, a capture modification is needed, hell even Nintendo's official "capture cards" are connected to the 3DS, meaning it's impossible

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
expect to get a kexploit on the latest firmware near when the 3DS is dying out in a few years

Do you know something that I don't?

I would update it if I were you, you literally have no point in staying on the firmware you are on. also like mentioned above the 3DS cannot and will not ever handle a video stream thing, a capture modification is needed, hell even Nintendo's official "capture cards" are connected to the 3DS, meaning it's impossible

See I was told by a "friend" don't go past 10.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1