Hacking Request for a Brsar Packer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Soplox
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,958
  • Replies Replies 2

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
285
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
Age
37
Location
Puerto Rico
XP
72
Country
Well I was in this thread BRSAR TOOL? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=140755&st=0 whre people was talking about the brsar files (a lot of sounds files compressed into just one) that can be ffound into some Wii games. The ponit is that the unpacker to edit it has been done so now we can see what are inside of this files (that's how the lost tracks of brawl where found) but that's the only thing that the unpacker can do and this is where enter the pabker. We may be able to see and hear what's inside of this files but if there no packer we wont be able to customize the games, the packer hasnt been done yet I asked to the athor of the unpacker if he is planing om release the packer and this is what he told me:

Hi,
I don't have any plans right now to make a brsar packer. As you can see,
the unpackers are pretty much just huge hacks anyway; I certainly don't
understand the format well enough to be able to regenerate it. It took
careful study and a few days of coding to be able to build brstms, and
they're quite a bit simpler (though conceptually similar). Sorry, but
you're not likely to see this from me any time soon; what little work
I'm doing now is towards XMA decoding.
However, if you can find a coder who's interested in working on it, I'd
be glad to advise him (and explain my messy source code), so feel free
to pass my address along.
Good luck!


That's why I came here to see if some coder can do the packer. that packer will be a pure win. The unpacker come with the source code soo... anyone?

Here's the unpacker
http://www.hcs64.com/files/brsar_unpack00.zip
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted