[Request] Fire Emblem fates

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by koyuki38, Feb 7, 2016.

1. koyuki38
    OP

koyuki38 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2015
    France
    Hi. Since we know that FE fates won't come in west with original voices. I think it might deserve an undub version with japanese voices and original names.

Anyway, i don't kow how hard it is to undub a game, also this might not be nice regarding the current fan trad of the game that already provides translated texts AND original voices.

Not sure that undub patch for US game would work on the EU game too (which is actually the region of the game i will use)

What do you think of this request ?

Last edited by koyuki38, Feb 7, 2016
  2. ayanekochan

ayanekochan GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    Actually I'd like to request for the opposite, to inject the official translations (once the game is released) into the japan version of the game. Since they're going to cut out features and scenes for the NA/EU release, undubbing won't bring those back. Sorry for the fan translation, but I'd really rather have the official localized text.

Is this hard to do? Maybe I can take a stab at it if someone has a tutorial on replacing in game text with a different region's text

3. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    I don't imagine that doing an undub would be hard. All that'll need to be done is a swap of the audio files if we're lucky. I haven't taken a look at the game so I don't really know.

Pointless rant

4. rainparadesamurai
    This message by rainparadesamurai has been removed from public view by Veho, Feb 7, 2016, Reason: Lol wut.
    Feb 7, 2016
  5. ayanekochan
    This message by ayanekochan has been removed from public view by Veho, Feb 7, 2016, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Feb 7, 2016