OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make a homebrew app which takes advantage of the ds rumble pak and use it to play mp3 music on the ds with the rumble pak acting like a bass? Not have it make weird noises, have it rumble/vibrate like a normal bass would do. If it is possible, can someone PLEASE make it? Can there be a setting to have the rumble adjusted (like from rumbling a lot to barely rumbling, for in case the song has too much bass and you don't wanna burn out your rumble pak) Thanks!
gbasp.gif
BTW Would it be compatible with an r4, or does it need a more powerful flashcart?

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
lol that's such a weird request, using the rumble to make bass sounds, if this is ever successfully done I will shit brix
Not using the rumble to make bass sounds, using the rumble as bass. Basically a regular mp3 player with your ds rumbling (vibrating like a normal bass would) to the beat

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
Terminator02 said:
lol that's such a weird request, using the rumble to make bass sounds, if this is ever successfully done I will shit brix
Not using the rumble to make bass sounds, using the rumble as bass. Basically a regular mp3 player with your ds rumbling (vibrating like a normal bass would) to the beat
so u mean you want ur ds to shake along with the beat?

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
idulkoan said:
Terminator02 said:
so u mean you want ur ds to shake along with the beat?
Yea, like a bass would do.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Just download moonshell and set volume to 400%. Your DS will rumble without the pak more than the pak could ever make it
tongue.gif
Not nearly as good bass as the 3rd party rumble pak Lite I got. and + the sound gets all weird and you can't even tell if ur listening 2 a song or not with the volume on 400%. It amplifys too much.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Bass is the beat of the song.
glare.gif
No... Like the Bass you connect to your Home Entertainment System.:
Energy-5.1-Take-Classic-Home-Theater-System.jpg
\*
The Black Box With The Hole. That's what I mean by 'Bass'. It Vibrates the room to the beat of the song. I want the Rumble Pak to do the same but with the DS not the room...

*NOTE:* I do NOT own this image.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
idulkoan said:
This is What I mean by using the Rumble Pak as Bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBTUEflKH_g

See the lights flashing to the song? I want the Rumble Pak to do the same thing, but instead of seeing lights, feeling vibrates.

*NOTE:* I do NOT own this video.
something like this
biggrin.gif
EXCACTLY like that.. well not exactly. The same only with an external motor (Rumble Pak)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wat ar you traiying to do? Making rumble paks be bass on Dee Ess system? Or DS be rumble paks for music?

sorry I just had to let out on someone...

Good luck with your endeavors..

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
So wat ar you traiying to do? Making rumble paks be bass on Dee Ess system? Or DS be rumble paks for music?

sorry I just had to let out on someone...

Good luck with your endeavors..
I want a homebrew mp3 player which uses the Ruble Pak to vibrate the ds to the beat
Basicly to the music (in a homebrew, not to the sound of EVERYTHING)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why is everyone so fascinated with the bass of a song? It doesn't improve the music, it just annoying when it's up all the way.
Any ways the homebrew you are requesting does not exists and I doubt it ever will since I don't think anyone wants to work on something like that with no real demand for it or even this far into the DS Life span.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Bass makes the music better in my opinion. You can 'feel' the music. And why not just edit/update an existing homebrew like moonshell? Don't see whats the problem with that if you get the permission 2 do so.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
idulkoan said:
Bass makes the music better in my opinion. You can 'feel' the music. And why not just edit/update an existing homebrew like moonshell? Don't see whats the problem with that if you get the permission 2 do so.
Because without the source there is no real way to edit someone's work as well you can't just ask someone for their source code and expect to get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr