Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Why is everyone so fascinated with the bass of a song? It doesn't improve the music, it just annoying when it's up all the way.
Any ways the homebrew you are requesting does not exists and I doubt it ever will since I don't think anyone wants to work on something like that with no real demand for it or even this far into the DS Life span.
It doesn't need to be up all the way. That's why if you read my freaking post:
"Can there be a setting to have the rumble adjusted (like from rumbling a lot to barely rumbling, for in case the song has too much bass and you don't wanna burn out your rumble pak)"
You can CLEARLY See that I asked for a rumble setting so that it doesn't burn out the rumble pak, or for your reason that it can be annoying, or for ANY OTHER REASON you ppl can think of.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
idulkoan said:
Why is everyone so fascinated with the bass of a song? It doesn't improve the music, it just annoying when it's up all the way.
Any ways the homebrew you are requesting does not exists and I doubt it ever will since I don't think anyone wants to work on something like that with no real demand for it or even this far into the DS Life span.
"Can there be a setting to have the rumble adjusted (like from rumbling a lot to barely rumbling, for in case the song has too much bass and you don't wanna burn out your rumble pak)"
You can CLEARLY See that I asked for a rumble setting so that it doesn't burn out the rumble pak, or for your reason that it can be annoying, or for ANY OTHER REASON you ppl can think of.
I don't see why you have to highlight your posts in bold. We can read and understand things just fine.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
idulkoan said:
What I said had nothing to do with your post I simply pointed out something.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
What I said had nothing to do with your post I simply pointed out something.
You said it was annoying when it is up all the way. I agree with you, and that is why I have asked for a Rumble setting to change how much the rumble is used (like high to low) depending on if you want lots of rumble or not. And BTW what does this mean by moonshell 'source'?:
http://dl.qj.net/nintendo-ds/homebrew-appl...ta4-source.html

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
idulkoan said:
I don't see why you have to highlight your posts in bold. We can read and understand things just fine.
I put the important parts in bold so you pay attention to those parts

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
Bass makes the music better in my opinion. You can 'feel' the music. And why not just edit/update an existing homebrew like moonshell? Don't see whats the problem with that if you get the permission 2 do so.
Because without the source there is no real way to edit someone's work as well you can't just ask someone for their source code and expect to get it.
Moonshell hasn't been updated for ages... Why won't they give the source code on a project they no longer work on?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
idulkoan said:
8BitWalugi said:
idulkoan said:
Really? That's kind of Cool. Anyway, this Story is getting annoying. I'm off to go see my Bro.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
idulkoan said:
You said it was annoying when it is up all the way. I agree with you, and that is why I have asked for a Rumble setting to change how much the rumble is used (like high to low) depending on if you want lots of rumble or not. And BTW what does this mean by moonshell 'source'?:
http://dl.qj.net/nintendo-ds/homebrew-appl...ta4-source.html
That source is 6 updates out of date.
And it's just as it sounds, the source for Moonshell 2.10. Last I checked it's not available to the pubic and never will be
QUOTE(idulkoan @ Dec 23 2010, 01:01 AM) Moonshell hasn't been updated for ages... Why won't they give the source code on a project they no longer work on?
Because they don't want to

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
idulkoan said:
8BitWalugi said:
idulkoan said:
Really? That's kind of Cool. Anyway, this Story is getting annoying. I'm off to go see my Bro.
Anyways, why r we fighting? Or at least arguing? I feel like a kid now... -_-

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
8BitWalugi said:
Best post ever.
they should add a 'like' button on here.... but then they need to make this a socializing network.... GBATEMP DONT LISTEN TO MEE!!!! lol

Posts merged

Anyways back on topic... Looks like ppl don't like the idea...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
idulkoan said:
_Chaz_ said:
8BitWalugi said:
Best post ever.
they should add a 'like' button on here.... but then they need to make this a socializing network.... GBATEMP DONT LISTEN TO MEE!!!! lol

Well since a good number of people nowadays has a DSi(XL) and now with the 3DS on the way, there aren't as many people with a rumble packs anymore nor many people working on applications revolving around slot 2 cards anymore
As well must people will find your idea to be a plain waste of battery life for something that isn't very important.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
_Chaz_ said:
8BitWalugi said:
Best post ever.

Well since a good number of people nowadays has a DSi(XL) and now with the 3DS on the way, there aren't as many people with a rumble packs anymore nor many people working on applications revolving around slot 2 cards anymore
As well must people will find your idea to be a plain waste of battery life for something that isn't very important.
Thats true... Imma get the 3ds.. Nintendo shuld of continues rumble and put it in their new consoles (not wii i mean handhelds) Ur right i guess i posted this way too late. Check this out tho:
http://tailormadetoys.com/blog/projects/nds-rumble/
The modded ds has a sound reactive chip which uses the motor to do what I was saying. The guy said he was gonna do it for dsi (dunno if he did it yet)... Mabe he gets around on doing it on the 3ds. Never know...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
idulkoan said:
idulkoan said:
_Chaz_ said:
8BitWalugi said:
Best post ever.

Thats true... Imma get the 3ds.. Nintendo shuld of continues rumble and put it in their new consoles (not wii i mean handhelds) Ur right i guess i posted this way too late. Check this out tho:
http://tailormadetoys.com/blog/projects/nds-rumble/
The modded ds has a sound reactive chip which uses the motor to do what I was saying. The guy said he was gonna do it for dsixl... Mabe he gets around on doing it on the 3ds. Never know...
It really makes no difference.
And that's pretty interesting, but old news is old

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's Rumble Pak SUCKS. I have a third party one for ds lite which feels MUCH better. Barly makes any noise. Im still on ds lite because dsi was in my opinion - USELESS. Ds lite can do more, and just because the dsi has a camera, doesn't make it so great. .3 megapixels??? U gotta b kidding me.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*scratches his head*

Well, I can see where this idea would appeal to a small number of people...
I just don't see it happening with the transition from DSlite to DSi/3DS
Nobody is going to spend their time making such a homebrew for a handheld system that already has two successors.

I personally don't see how this idea would be helpful or worthwhile.
But i'll leave the thread open for further discussion.
Maybe somebody will pick up the idea and run with it.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
*scratches his head*

Well, I can see where this idea would appeal to a small number of people...
I just don't see it happening with the transition from DSlite to DSi/3DS
Nobody is going to spend their time making such a homebrew for a handheld system that already has two successors.

I personally don't see how this idea would be helpful or worthwhile.
But i'll leave the thread open for further discussion.
Maybe somebody will pick up the idea and run with it.
Ok... Not sure if anyone will tho... I asked wayyy to late. The 3ds is coming out, and NOW I ask it? The only one who would do this little project would be me, so if I want it done, I would have to learn to program myself, or just forget about it.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
It would be just annoying if you are only listening to music. Maybe tiny rumble would be actually awesome but I haven't even once felt tiny or normal vibration with my EZflash. There are options for them in menu but it's always full and makes fun noise
glare.gif

EBA has good rumble. Shame you can't import own songs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol