[REQUEST] Dragon Warrior 7 3ds ENGLISH SCRIPT FILE

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Histortion20, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Histortion20
    OP

Histortion20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    Sir, can I ask for the script file of the english version of DragonWarrior 7?
    I find it hard to decrypt and extract files of the rom.
    To those who were expert in decryption/extraction of 3ds rom, may I ask to have a copy of the Englieh Script file of the same game.
    Thank you in advance.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I believe we cannot link that to you because it belongs to a game, which is copyrighted content. You'll have to extract the script file yourself or find it elsewhere.

Histortion20 likes this.
  3. Histortion20
    OP

Histortion20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    oh ok sir I understand.
    So it's possible after all?
    Can i just ask a few questions regarding the decryption. what would be the file look like or what is it's file extension?
    also is the process of extracting a decrypted rom the same as ordinary rar/zip files? thanks

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I don't know what the file looks like nor do I know its extension.
    And no, it's technically not the same. Depending on the game's file format (.3ds, .cia, or .cxi), here's something to get you started: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/

5. Histortion20
    OP

Histortion20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    oh 'twas sad to hear that ma'am. I'll just share my reason why I wanted the script.
    It is because my brother who was in overseas worken in Japan now downloaded the android version of the game but doesn't know Japanese language ( funny ). So he sent me the apk and obb file and told me to try finding a way to make it to english. and then that was when found this post from reddit that I got the idea

Attached Files: