Hacking [request] documentation on how wiiu updates vwiimode

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,036
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm looking for info about how the wiiu manages to update vwii side. And I don't want the information dumb down at all. (and if you can only find a dumb down version that's ok but not preferred.) Because I just cannot seem to find any documentation on this.

EDIT: to avoid confusion, please note I MEAN HOW WIIU UPDATES VWII. Not how vwii updates itself as we all know that's impossible

Last edited by ,

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for info about how the wiiu manages to update vwii side. And I don't want the information dumb down at all. (and if you can only find a dumb down version that's ok but not preferred.) Because I just cannot seem to find any documentation on this.
mate you don't seem to be very understanding of a key fact, ready to hear it?

the vwii never updates

i know, unbelievable.

D

Deleted User

OP
mate you don't seem to be very understanding of a key fact, ready to hear it?

the vwii never updates

i know, unbelievable.
Then why is there multiple versions of certain tiles?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
The Wii had multiple IOS'es and kept them after updating (Please correct if wrong). That may be why the vWii has the extra titles and things.
well thats wii. according to aqua, vwii wiiu side never updated. Which if that where to be the case there would be no reason to have wiiu vwii files on nus.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well thats wii. according to aqua, vwii wiiu side never updated. Which if that where to be the case there would be no reason to have wiiu vwii files on nus.
*facepalm*
I'm done here. Go circle jerk with that idea while the others here continue explaining something to you that's been explained twice...

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
in my post I forgot to clarify that I meant through the vWii itself, ofcourse it's updated through the wii u side, sorry for causing any misconceptions.

D

Deleted User

OP
in my post I forgot to clarify that I meant through the vWii itself, ofcourse it's updated through the wii u side, sorry for causing any misconceptions.
Ok, now that's cleared up and we are done with that. Is there any documentation on how wiiu vwii side updated? Sorry for being rude earlier, I usually like to make my points. But yah any info by any chance?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, now that's cleared up and we are done with that. Is there any documentation on how wiiu vwii side updated? Sorry for being rude earlier, I usually like to make my points. But yah any info by any chance?
Maybe it handles it automatically? It could install vWii titles to slcmpt just like it installs system titles to slc.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,
D

Deleted User

OP
Maybe it handles it automatically? It could install vWii titles to slcmpt just like it installs system titles to slc.
Nope, it uses a different key specific to vwii updates and is separate from wiiu common key. Look on wiiubrew.org And find the encrpytion keys page. there you will see that the wiiu uses a entirely separate key, specific to vwii updates

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So if people are asking why I'm requesting documentation, is because, I intend on using that knowledge to create a "nus downloader" for vwii. To be honest I'm rather annoyed that still nobody has looked into a vwii nus downloader... Would make a ton of lives a whole lot easier when it comes to people bricking their consoles and not having a backup... And I do intend on either modifying nus downloader (but I already tried that, trying to just to 1 modification to the common key.cs gets me no where as it is not part of the correct algorithm. So either I figure out a fix for the algorithm, or I build it from scratch, which would be much harder to build from scratch.) Point is documentation would be extremely helpful.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv