Status
Not open for further replies.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just grab a game and say "well today I'm gonna exploit this one".
Very true! There's a post on Wololo about this. It's similar in a sense.

http://wololo.net/2015/09/22/exploit-psx-games-psp-vita/

First and foremost, it requires a way to run a debug on the system and dumping the ram. Getting a retail system and finding out how to do simply that from scratch would be a HUGE bitch.

Another hard step is even finding a game that will show a hole that will let you to write to the ram. This post isn't assuming every game with a name input will work, since a lot of times, that itself could be encrypted. So the chances of finding a game that could work is very small. Cubic Ninja was easily a target because it was a VERY small company that made it, I'm not shooting down their skills as developers, but QA wouldn't be the best in that development environment, ESPECIALLY since they decided to use QR Barcodes to exchange user created content.

Last edited by Selim873,

ThatGuy...

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very true! There's a post on Wololo about this. It's similar in a sense.

http://wololo.net/2015/09/22/exploit-psx-games-psp-vita/

First and foremost, it requires a way to run a debug on the system and dumping the ram. Getting a retail system and finding out how to do simply that from scratch would be a HUGE bitch.

Another hard step is even finding a game that will show a hole that will let you to write to the ram. This post isn't assuming every game with a name input will work, since a lot of times, that itself could be encrypted. So the chances of finding a game that could work is very small. Cubic Ninja was easily a target because it was a VERY small company that made it, I'm not shooting down their skills as developers, but QA wouldn't be the best in that development environment, ESPECIALLY since they decided to use QR Barcodes to exchange user created content.
Thanks for the information. So since this thread is pretty pointless, how do I lock it?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the information. So since this thread is pretty pointless, how do I lock it?

Only a mod can do that. Just leave the thread alone. If a mod sees it, he'll know you want it locked since you asked. You could also PM one of them. The front page of the forum itself shows what staff are online on the right side of the page.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Cave Story 3D isn't rare. It's only rare to find in the original box. I can go right now to GameStop and see it. You can buy it off eBay for $20.

I've bought it, and THE NEXT day it was physically in stock.
Second, CS3D is the most broken and exploitable game I've seen.
I was going to ask if this was possible.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good lord, you must be sheltered on games if that's the most broken/exploitable game you've seen.

It might be possible, good luck doing it, though. You're going to be the only person who cares.

Reactions: fmkid

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Only a mod can do that. Just leave the thread alone. If a mod sees it, he'll know you want it locked since you asked. You could also PM one of them. The front page of the forum itself shows what staff are online on the right side of the page.

Alternatively, the OP could simply report their own first post, requesting it to be locked, with a half-decent reason. I do it all the time, and have never had any issues with getting my own threads closed.

Reactions: Selim873
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging