[Request] AoE port app?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pandaxclone2, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Pandaxclone2
    OP

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    Australia
    noun; a particular place or position.
    I'm wondering if it is possible to make a homebrew port of the PC game Age of Empires that would work (Not run flawlessly mind you, just run) on the 3DS? Could the 3DS even handle a game like that?

It *should* be possible to bypass legal technicalities by making it so that you can drop a copy of the game (That you would own) into the homebrew folder for it to read. That way the port is only a translator from PC files to 3DS. Maybe even just having it call up graphics and sound files only.

I guess you could call that an emulator though.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Oct 8, 2015
  2. olshrimpeyes

olshrimpeyes Your question is bad and you should feel bad

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    I guess it could be possible to make an open source implementation of the engine that you could drop an executable into. Similar to NXEngine does for Cave Story.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Though it would be a big undertaking.

3. farias0

farias0 Whatever

Sep 29, 2015
    Brazil
    I believe it would be awful to play, wouldn't it? The input, the small screen, everything.

4. Pandaxclone2
    OP

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    Australia
    noun; a particular place or position.
    It would be better than what AoE titles we currently have for handhelds. I assume a bit of tweaking with the interface to scale the size would help.