replacing bottom TN for IPS HELP ME!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by doctorhand25, Dec 2, 2016.

1. doctorhand25
    OP

doctorhand25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2016
    United States
    i bought a 3ds xl pokemon limited edition, solgaleo lunala version, and sadly got a dual IPS. I searched eBay for a dual IPS but was unsure and uncomfortable paying such a high price. I went to gamestops all over and found a monster hunter edition that had a beautiful top IPS screen. Now that i have it im wondering if someone could link me to where i could find a IPS replacement for the bottom!

I have a repair shop that will do the screen swap for me, but im not sure if the LCD new 3ds xl replacements on eBay are IPS or just the same old TN. the difference is quite drastic on my top screens. I would love to have a bottom IPS on my monster hunter edition, after all it is my favorite game and i only paid 180 for the system.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

2. Gara

Gara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    United States
    You're unlikely to find one unless you take it out of an IPS system yourself . From what I remember the screen types all use the same part number so there is no real way to tell one from the other.

3. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Wot?

Last edited by swabbo, Dec 3, 2016
    VinLark likes this.
  4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Your probably going to have to take out the IPS screen on your xl and put it in your other console. Just guessing here.

5. H0thTr0n

H0thTr0n Advanced Member

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    Gonna have to assume he meant TN panel, otherwise, this makes no fucking sense

anonynom, swabbo and VinLark like this.
  6. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Makes sense now, I thought she was a Tellytubby

LightShell and VinLark like this.
  7. Zeldalife89

Zeldalife89 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    No you can i saw a vidwo on youtube of a guy who did the same got top ips ordered a botton ips screen so he would have dual ips then i remember he bought it from china so check stores like alliexpress and see if they have screens with ips labeled if not try to google some china stores that sells nintendo parts or just google in general