Hacking Replacement screws for Wii

pelago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried opening my Wii yet, as I don't even have a triwing screwdriver, but once I do I would like to replace the screws with non-triwing screws, to make it easier to open in future.

Does anyone know exactly what type of replacement screws would be needed?

pelago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried opening my Wii yet, as I don't even have a triwing screwdriver, but once I do I would like to replace the screws with non-triwing screws, to make it easier to open in future.

Does anyone know exactly what type of replacement screws would be needed?
Surely some people have done this. Anyone know?

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
i think if you know of a hobby store or something they might be able to do it for you. let me know if you find out.
i'll post here as well if i figure anything out

tomm2cool

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been wanting to know this for a while now. The funny thing is, anyone could making a killing selling these screw sets if they find the right sized phillips-head screws to replace all the screws in the Wii. (I havent said screw that much in a sentence since I last spoke dirty to my girlfriend
laugh.gif
)

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I completely 'screwed' most of my important casing screws. I'm scared to undo it again in-case I ruin them completely. It'd be great if they sold screws along with replacement feet.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just used drill to DESTROY some of those screws which i didn't get open without triwing, so i can't even replace them.
tongue.gif

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the majority of peole dont have too much trouble with their screws stripping so i doubt you could make a "killing" on wii screw sets. I think if you use the correct size tri-wing then u should be fine. Im sure if you find a well stocked hardware store either online or in your area you could find the replacement screws. I think you need a good caliper to measure the diameter though. Seems like too much trouble to me though,

pelago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. Yes I could measure them if/when I get it open, but I was hoping that someone had already done that and noted down which ones to buy. If anyone does find out, it would be good to stick it on the wiki.

Mind you, with the progress of the Zelda hack, maybe we'll see a full soft-mod soon, and not need to open the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh