Hacking Replacement m3 GBA expansion

YoshiRiRu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone; my GBA expansion for my M3DS Real apparently broke on me, (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74821) and I'm wondering what I can do about this. I don't believe they sell the GBA expansion pack standalone. Is there anything that I can buy that's relatively cheap that can be used in the same manner as the GBA expansion pack for the real? In the same manner meaning that I don't have to have a separate MicroSD for the expansion, I can just load them via the GBA Roms section of the M3DS Real GUI.

Thanks!

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
There is GBA Expansion sold separately which you can find out our reseller site.

yaynds.gif

Hidekiadam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokenet.co.uk
XP
Country
Hihi

That's all well and good but getting replacement under warranty is proving bloody impossible

I bought my M3 Real Perfect bundle in the UK, 3 or 4 months ago, just discovered the rampack is faulty (actually it's always been faulty but only now got around to running the test app on it and discovering the reason most GBA games don't work is that the memory is broken -.-)

This means I'm due a free replacement but the reseller is blatantly ignoring emails, heh

Actually pondering buying an M3 Lite for my slot 2, can someone confirm those do GBA games, save to SD and have the 32MB of RAM for dslinux etc.?

Thanks ^^

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
YoshiRiRu: you can try any of the RAM expansion packs that are offered. the ez 3-in-1, the eWin, etc all allow you to send .gba roms over using a loader app. while it won't work as seamlessly as your m3 and the card designed for it, it will work.

Hidekiadam: yes the m3 lite has 32 megs of ram but from what i have read the dslinux guys haven't made use of it yet. the last time i researched dslinux they were stuck in a 16meg limit? check your facts and don't buy just for the ram. the ez 3-in-1 only has 16 megs of ram but it is faster ram than the m3 lite. gba games on the m3 save to sram via a battery and on each boot up of the card you can either automatically save the sram data to a .dat file associated with each .gba rom or do it manually. sram data remains until it is overwritten. so you don't have to dump the data to the .dat file until you are ready to play a new .gba rom.

-another world

Hidekiadam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokenet.co.uk
XP
Country
Well...

I've done a fair bit with dslinux, it does use the full 32 if it's there, it seems to work at the slowest speed so dslinux more or less works, the problems arise with GBA games in particular which have to run the ram somewhat faster (with the M3 Real GBA expansion I have now)

The ez3in1 quite apart from losing me 16MB has no SD slot so I wouldn't be able to have a second microsd with my GBA stuff which is what I want...

The M3 Lite I would go for if I knew the M3 Real would use the RAM in it like its own rampack, the trouble is I don't know that atm and I don't know what speeds it works at so I'm not buying at all right now, lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning