Replace ps4 model 1216B series apu guide.??

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If you have to ask, you probably don't have the skills to do it. Desoldering and soldering a new APU on the PS4 is going to require some serious, expensive equipment, and isn't usually the way most people would fix a BLOD anyways.

My best suggestion would be to either try sourcing a PS4 motherboard replacement, or finding a repair shop to fix it for you. You could try the washer fix, to see if that'll help (https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+4+Blue+Light+Of+Death+(gen+1+and+gen+2)+Fix/110156) but otherwise I wouldn't suggest touching the APU yourself.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh well take it to someone who knows what they're talking about, the APU won't get "corrupted". BLOD is usually caused by one of two things, the solder used for the APU gets oxidized and causes a bad connection, or sometimes you can get BLOD from a bad HDMI port/controller.

To fix the former, you generally just reflow the solder using something like a rework station. You would basically never desolder and resolder a new APU. You could attempt to reflow the solder in an oven, but I don't recommend it.

Danook28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
His words were somewhat strange, that he had done a reballing of the processor, and that whoever used the device previously was not interested in the heat and was playing with the device, and that the processor had been damaged, he has a reballing machine, and I do not know whether he is honest in what he said or is lazy about repairing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.