Homebrew RELEASE Replace album viewer with web browser

Nintendoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This album title replacement gives you a more convenient way to open the web browser. Instead of changing the DNS settings or launching to a different homebrew application you can open the album icon to get to the built-in web browser. This also works while an existing application is already running.

It also allows you to enter a URL manually by pressing X instead of having to search for it (press X again to exit the browser). If you need to use the album viewer again simply keep L pressed when clicking the icon.

To install merge the atmosphere folder from the zip file with the existing folder on your SD card. The web folder contains the source code and does not need to be copied.

Attachments

• web.zip
    49.6 KB · Views: 853
Last edited by Nintendoes,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this fully utilize the switch? I'm not sure if launching through applets gives the browser everything it can have via launching through a title icon

Nintendoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this fully utilize the switch? I'm not sure if launching through applets gives the browser everything it can have via launching through a title icon
It opens the same browser type as homebrew through a title icon does. In my testing I've been able to play youtube videos as well, so it seems to be fully featured.

If it does ever run out of memory just report it here and I can look into freeing up some extra space.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This album title replacement gives you a more convenient way to open the web browser. Instead of changing the DNS settings or launching to a different homebrew application you can open the album icon to get to the built-in web browser. This also works while an existing application is already running.

It also allows you to enter a URL manually by pressing X instead of having to search for it. If you need to use the album viewer again simply keep L pressed when clicking the icon.

To install merge the atmosphere folder from the zip file with the existing folder on your SD card. The web folder contains the source code and does not need to be copied.
Does it work under SxOs ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat