Gaming Repeated Error Code 0xd900458b in Pokemon Sun

MFoogle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello everyone. I just bought a 3DS on Ebay recently. The 3DS was working great, but when I started playing Pokemon Sun (preloaded), the game keeps glitching like crazy.

When I change the scene (finish a battle, enter a building, etc.), it will often give this glitch and need to reboot the game. It will keep happening unless I tweak something minor within the game, like changing a Pokemon order in my party or using an item.

I haven't noticed this glitch with any other games so far, but I also haven't played any others quite so much. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

(Also, I am just a casual gamer, and am very unfamiliar with a lot of the hardware and technical terms, etc. often used in these forums. Apologies [and thank you] in advance.)

Details (same as photo):
(ErrDisp)
Error Type: generic
Process ID: 39
Process name: niji_loc
Process title ID: 0x0004000000164800
Address: 0x0033e6c8
Error code: 0xd900458b

Attachments

• IMG_9317.jpg
    IMG_9317.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,652

MFoogle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you E1ite007! I was playing KH3 and the same error code (0xd900458b) came up...so I'm assuming it's an issue with the console in general.

2. I'm not entirely sure. It has a lot of GBA games loaded, so based on that I assume so? Sorry, I'm really unfamiliar with this territory.
3. It's Sys 11.5.0-38U
4. It's a New 3DS XL

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. I'm not entirely sure. It has a lot of GBA games loaded, so based on that I assume so? Sorry, I'm really unfamiliar with this territory.
A. It's possible that they are legit, check to see if any of them are not on this list:
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_Ambassador_Program#Game_Boy_Advance_games

If there are any extra gba game it's been modified with custom firmware.

4. It's a New 3DS XL

That makes me a little more suspicious, that model came out too late to get legit GBA games, the seller would have had to transfer them from their old system to this one.
System transfers are an all-or-nothing procedure, you can transfer just one or two games, so if this unit has his gba collection, and pokemon it's likely that it was his main system.
Yes, guys, I know he could have owned two new 3ds xl's, But this sounds a bit more likely assuming the titles were legit.
That makes it a bit more unlikely that he'd leave all that stuff on the system, unless he was selling it for a switch and never wanted to touch the games again.

B. Did it only come with digital games? or do you have some carts you can test?

C. Can you take off the back with a screw driver, and see what brand SD card is inside?

---
Edit:
Actually, I feel I should ask now... Do you actually want to keep the unit?

Unless you got a really good price, it's probably not worth the effort,

If it turns out the unit was modded, and it just so happens there are a ton of 'pre-installed games'
They could be pirated, or at least copies of cartridges the seller still has. (Illegal copies either way.)

I'm not trying to scare you, or even preach my own stance on piracy/coping,
I'm just saying that, if you don't feel you got a good deal, send it back.
Ebay almost always sides with the buyer, especially in situations like this.

Last edited by BOBdotEXE,

MFoogle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for the reply.
As a bit of extra info, the seller is highly rated on Ebay, and they take tech with issues and fix them up and sell them.

A. Checked the link, and there's definitely custom firmware. Lots of stuff on the DS that's not on the list.
B. I can't find any of my cartridges, so I must have left them at my family's place. If it's necessary, I can go out and buy one to test.
C. The SD card is a Hyundai 64GB Micro sxc(?).

If I could get a refund, I'd be willing to ship it back, but it's likely it won't work. I bought the unit back in July (had it shipped to my parents' place in the US--I live in Japan), and didn't actually get to play it until the end of August, so it won't work with Ebay's basic policy, from what I've found. Unless they make special exceptions for this sort of thing? I'll try contacting the seller again.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the style of the error seems really related to the CFW...

boot the console holding START, the luma menu should appear

Last edited by migles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn