ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pandora hardmods for the slim batteries include a method where you can cut a green track leading from the IC04 chip to the largest chip in the battery. This is reversible because you can fill in the connection using graphite in a pencil for its semi-conductive properties.

What I want to know is: Is there a version of this same trick for a phat (1000) battery? It's obvious that there are similar tracks leading between the chips, but I wouldn't know which one to cut, or whether I could try them one by one to find out (which I probably won't do).

Anyone here know?

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
isn't buying a pandora battery for 7 dollars not a better option then cutting in your original battery? kinda seems like a waste to me to possibly screw it up..

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there is. Instead of a track it's a pin on the ICO4 chip. I forgot which pin at the moment but it's possible to hard-mod a phat battery, and to reverse it you need to sauter the pin. I did it with an extended life battery (2200mAh), but you can do it with an 1800mAh battery too.

EDIT:Found a pic.
imageofinsidecasevc7ti9.jpg

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hundshamer said:
Yes there is. Instead of a track it's a pin on the ICO4 chip. I forgot which pin at the moment but it's possible to hard-mod a phat battery, and to reverse it you need to sauter the pin.
I know about the pin on the chip; it's the bottom right pin (it was the method I first knew about), although I don't really have any soldering skills, and my dad's not much better
rolleyes.gif

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hundshamer said:
There's a small track right next to it that could be a possibility.
Perhaps.
smile.gif

I might wait a little longer (although if anyone has the utilities to try testing these, then let me know)
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't find one at DX, Modchipcentral.com sells them (although they're $25). They also ship relatively quickly (I live in New Jersey, which is mid-east coast USA, and they shipped my R4 to there from Winnipeg, Canada in a week).

As for the hardmod, I've got no clue. Sorry.

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, never mind
smile.gif

@themuddaload: It says it's shipped, but it's taking a long time...

Hoping it turns up this coming week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: