Renowned Scene Release Group Dump 1st WiiU Game

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WiiKey is worth it if it works with the latest software update..since I already updated last week.. I just hope that it works with that otherwise I'm screwed
Am also guessing that these games are region locked so any game that I do end up getting has to be US release

Heaven forbid you had to pay for your own games.

Reactions: Ergo and Ray Lewis

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does Scrubbing mean as far as this topic goes? Is it just extra data on game disc or something?

Wii games are designed so that they fill up the whole disc. However, a lot of the times the actual game isn't that big, so they just add nonsense data to pad the space to fill it out. Scrubbing programs remove all the extra, so you can take say the 4 gig image of NSMB down to like 350 megs. Big space savings.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most of these Wii U games are going to be huge. Considering Just Dance on the Wii U eShop is about 27GB~ IIRC. There's no purpose in having padded games in the eShop since it's more bandwidth and more for the end user to deal with. So we could be looking at decently sized games. Might be able to shave a little data off at some point. (Tend to be the extra languages, system updates, etc.)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
What does Scrubbing mean as far as this topic goes? Is it just extra data on game disc or something?
There are two terms that are often confused. Scrubbing and trimming. Scrubbing is since it's all garbage data but it's pretty random because of the encryption (or just because they thought random information would throw hackers off ... I don't really know why) but that means that when you put it into a ZIP or RAR file it can't compress down very well. Scrubbing replaces that garbage data that, while it's still garbage, it's much more compressible and better for storage in a ZIP, RAR or similar format. TRIMMING, on the other hand, is where you actually cut out that extra padding so the actual disk image is much smaller. The advantage of scrubbing is when you burn it to a disk it still has the padding to push the REAL information out to the edge of the disk where it will be read faster BUT you can still store it easier as long as you compress it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
how could the make the game dump ?
Unknown to the public yet. Ways I can think of (not in order of possibility)...

1 - The difference in the Wii U discs was determined and...
1a - overcome by modding a normal PC Blu-Ray/whatever drive, either hardware-wise (laser tweaks) or firmware-wise.
1b - overcome by getting a specific model drive (like with the DC and Wii, though not necessarily a normal PC form-factor) that can read the "malformed" disc anyways.

2 -The Wii U itself was used as a drive by running some very-limited homebrew on it in order to read the disc and stream it over some available interface bit-by-bit. This could be able to be done even without the ability to mod the Wii U itself (i.e. no kernel access, and under a really restrictive set of resources as well), and if somebody managed to do this, it theoretically could read all the discs that come out so it could even be on an old firmware version.

3 - The Wii U's drive was taken out and used as the reader while hooked into a different machine.

4 - The dumping team (which is well-known!) was given a pre-release Wii Key U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==