Removing TWL Patches for A9LH Setup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sumsquat, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Sumsquat
    OP

Sumsquat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hi guys!
    So, I'm just attempting to install A9LH with Plailects guide.
    In Part 4 (Getting the OTP) it's stated: "Remove any TWL modifications done to the device or PlaiSysUpdater will throw an error
    (if you have no idea what this is, don't worry about it; most users will not need to do this)"
    I've got some questions about it:

1. I've installed bluecardfix and patched TWL_FIRM to EmuNand and SysNand, do I have to delete them from both? I mean, I'm not doing anything to my SysNand at this point, am I? I think I just have to do it on EmuNand, since that's what I'm downgrading, and I'm copying the then-downgaded EmuNand to Sys, am I right?

2. Where can I get the stock TWL_FIRM for 9.2?

3. What is the Title ID for bluecardfix?

Greetings!

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Bluecardfix is a "commercial name" for the DSi whitelist: 0004800F-484E4841, while twlfirm is 00040138-?0000102 (? = 0 for o3ds, 2 for n3ds).

Since neither is critical, you can uninstall them from emunand* and then do a system update to easily get the good ones!

* for the 2.1 downgrade, work only on emunand until otphelper will clone emunand to sysnand

Good luck!

Sumsquat likes this.
  3. Sumsquat
    OP

Sumsquat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thank you so much, buddy!
    I successfully installed A9LH!

4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    I didn't remove tw patchl (have just the bluecardfix installed), and all worked fine

Sumsquat likes this.
  5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You won't use DSi mode in 2.1 anyway, but since some people will panic at the first problem without reading what cia failed...

And yes, I wonder why they fail at all!

Sumsquat likes this.