Hacking Removing stains on DS?

anonkit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After picking up my Polar White DS Lite today, I noticed that the two rubber squares on the back of the DS (top area) is noticeably stained (brown-ish) after years of sitting on different desktops and whatnot. Does anyone know of a good way to clean it up to make it all white and shiney again?
hate2.gif

Thanks!

Edit: oops, just realized I posted this in the Wii section, my bad. Can someone move it to the DS hardware area?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a new case for it, but that won't fix those rubber grips. You can always gouge them out, but that would reveal the screws underneath.

eric75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could try WD40 - worked great for me getting rid of adhesive from a top screen (replacement)! Sounds dangerous but it worked for me - no problems at all!

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
i made my own mix to get rid of yellow stains, a small amount of water, a few shakes of vinigre some washing up liquid, mix it together, and use a ear connon bud dip in the solution and then rub on the stained area , repeat untill white. odnt need to buy anything, you should have that in your house
tongue.gif

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean the 2 small rubber pieces that cover the screws on the bottom, near the hinge side? Erm... the rubber feet with shell kits aren't OEM type. The kits come with rubber "caps" that plug into the screw slots, not rubber adhesive pieces.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE