Removing stains on DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by anonkit, Apr 3, 2010.

1. anonkit
    OP

anonkit Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2007
    United States
    After picking up my Polar White DS Lite today, I noticed that the two rubber squares on the back of the DS (top area) is noticeably stained (brown-ish) after years of sitting on different desktops and whatnot. Does anyone know of a good way to clean it up to make it all white and shiney again? [​IMG]

Thanks!

Edit: oops, just realized I posted this in the Wii section, my bad. Can someone move it to the DS hardware area?

2. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    You can get a new case for it, but that won't fix those rubber grips. You can always gouge them out, but that would reveal the screws underneath.

3. Snorlax

Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Apr 26, 2008
    Australia
    Rub them raw or gouge them out.
    Your two options. o:

4. eric75

eric75 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2007
    You could try WD40 - worked great for me getting rid of adhesive from a top screen (replacement)! Sounds dangerous but it worked for me - no problems at all!

5. ScionRStC

ScionRStC Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    California
    100% rubbing alcohol is safe to use just use sparingly

6. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2008
    Birmingham (England)
    i made my own mix to get rid of yellow stains, a small amount of water, a few shakes of vinigre some washing up liquid, mix it together, and use a ear connon bud dip in the solution and then rub on the stained area , repeat untill white. odnt need to buy anything, you should have that in your house [​IMG]

7. Diosoth

Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    Do you mean the 2 small rubber pieces that cover the screws on the bottom, near the hinge side? Erm... the rubber feet with shell kits aren't OEM type. The kits come with rubber "caps" that plug into the screw slots, not rubber adhesive pieces.