Removing stains on DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by anonkit, Apr 3, 2010.

Apr 3, 2010

Removing stains on DS? by anonkit at 9:52 PM (1,419 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. anonkit
    OP

Newcomer anonkit Member

United States
    After picking up my Polar White DS Lite today, I noticed that the two rubber squares on the back of the DS (top area) is noticeably stained (brown-ish) after years of sitting on different desktops and whatnot. Does anyone know of a good way to clean it up to make it all white and shiney again? [​IMG]

Thanks!

Edit: oops, just realized I posted this in the Wii section, my bad. Can someone move it to the DS hardware area?

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    You can get a new case for it, but that won't fix those rubber grips. You can always gouge them out, but that would reveal the screws underneath.

3. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    Rub them raw or gouge them out.
    Your two options. o:

4. eric75

Newcomer eric75 Member

United Kingdom
    You could try WD40 - worked great for me getting rid of adhesive from a top screen (replacement)! Sounds dangerous but it worked for me - no problems at all!

5. ScionRStC

Newcomer ScionRStC Member

United States
    100% rubbing alcohol is safe to use just use sparingly

6. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i made my own mix to get rid of yellow stains, a small amount of water, a few shakes of vinigre some washing up liquid, mix it together, and use a ear connon bud dip in the solution and then rub on the stained area , repeat untill white. odnt need to buy anything, you should have that in your house [​IMG]

7. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do you mean the 2 small rubber pieces that cover the screws on the bottom, near the hinge side? Erm... the rubber feet with shell kits aren't OEM type. The kits come with rubber "caps" that plug into the screw slots, not rubber adhesive pieces.