Homebrew Removing my CFW?

9fiftyfive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to remove my CFW (Luma3DS + A9LH) as I don't really use it for much and I'd rather have more room on my SD card for games. I've reset my device, however, I still need an SD card to boot, so, in other words, I still have my CFW installed. How can I safely remove my CFW? I have a 2DS. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you're using EmuNAND / RedNAND just transfer it's contents to SysNAND (restore EmuNAND backup on SysNAND), backup all files on the SD card, format it (use EmuNAND9) and put the files back on it. All the files needed for the console to boot with A9LH CFW should not take more than 20MB.

But if you really want to remove A9LH, just restore a NAND backup prior to the installation of A9LH using Decrypt9 (not Hourglass9, as it keeps A9LH).

Reactions: 9fiftyfive

9fiftyfive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using EmuNAND / RedNAND just transfer it's contents to SysNAND (restore EmuNAND backup on SysNAND), backup all files on the SD card, format it (use EmuNAND9) and put the files back on it. All the files needed for the console to boot with A9LH CFW should not take more than 20MB.

But if you really want to remove A9LH, just restore a NAND backup prior to the installation of A9LH using Decrypt9 (not Hourglass9, as it keeps A9LH).
Would it be "emuNAND_original" or "formatted"? I followed Plailect's guide

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said before, I just want it gone

Assuming you are using a9lh with updated sysnand, downgrade to 9.2, go into Luma,s settings and turn off anything that's activated then update through system settings. That should do it. Or if you still have your old 9.2 nand dump you can just flash that back

9fiftyfive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you are using a9lh with updated sysnand, downgrade to 9.2, go into Luma,s settings and turn off anything that's activated then update through system settings. That should do it. Or if you still have your old 9.2 nand dump you can just flash that back
How can I flash? I have my "emuNAND_original" dump on my laptop

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I flash? I have my "emuNAND_original" dump on my laptop

Umm I think that plai's guide has you set d9 to the x key so hold x while booting you're 2ds and go into the sysnand options and select the one that says restore and choose you're emunand original file. Shouldn't take more than five minutes

Reactions: 9fiftyfive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all