Removing MicroSD card

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by gearsfan215, Jul 7, 2010.

1. gearsfan215
    OP

gearsfan215 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    I got a new AceKard 2i and after a few tries, I got the MicroSD card in. Now I want to remove it, and it won't budge. Any tips on removing it or do I have a defective model?

2. CompC

CompC GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    It won't remove? Just push down on it, like you would when you're removing a DS game from a DS.

I mean, until mine broke, it worked perfectly. Now games won't go in the Acekard.

3. gearsfan215
    OP

gearsfan215 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    I'm trying that right now. The microsd makes a little click sound but it stays put.

4. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    I'd say just -GENTLY- pull it out, but use force. i.e. don't jerk/yank it, just give it a slow but steady increase in force until it comes out. Use a pair of tweezers if you need to but don't 'pry' it up too far when pulling.

When I got my AceKard 2i and 4GB ADATA MicroSDHC card it fit VERY tightly, but after putting it in and pulling it out a few times it got easier. It's still a bit snug, but not bad.

After that, I would suggest putting the MicroSD card in and clicking the spring loader into place and removing the card manually so you don't break the spring.

5. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    Just pull it out by the notch on the MicroSD card, it won't do any harm. You could have a fat MicroSD card.

6. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    Happen to me a couple of times, just pull it out with your nails.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice