Homebrew Removing Every Trace of Homewbrew

LemonBubble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So recently I've been debating with myself if I should keep homebrew or delete it. I don't use homebrew at all so I figured I should just delete it. But then here comes the problem, I don't know exactly how to do that. I want to just have a clean Wii with no trace of homebrew if that is possible. Help would be appreciated.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no trace of homebrew or hacking? if it's hacking, it's possible, but I've heard it's really difficult to clean the NAND of all traces.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry if this sounds really dumb but what's the diff between homebrew and hacking?
I think unless you have a COMPLETELY CLEAN RIP OF YOUR NAND you won't be able to restore it... well... completely clean.

Besides... there's nothing wrong in having the Homebrew Channe even if you don't use it. It's not like it's taking huge chunks of memory of your Wii in order to work.

Reactions: banjo2

LemonBubble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
removing cios and making your system stock is what I'm talking about.
making it stock

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think unless you have a COMPLETELY CLEAN RIP OF YOUR NAND you won't be able to restore it... well... completely clean.

Besides... there's nothing wrong in having the Homebrew Channe even if you don't use it. It's not like it's taking huge chunks of memory of your Wii in order to work.
Is there any risks though?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard it's possible, but very difficult. I don't know exactly what's involved.

I think it was @GreyWolf who told me that, cuz I also thought it was impossible.

flashing a clean NAND might be a way, but I'm talking about cleaning a tainted NAND

LemonBubble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard it's possible, but very difficult. I don't know exactly what's involved.

I think it was @GreyWolf who told me that, cuz I also thought it was impossible.

flashing a clean NAND might be a way, but I'm talking about cleaning a tainted NAND
how to do that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can flash the nand with bootmii. I don't know what will happen going from hacked to stock though. do you have a clean NAND?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then, I have no idea what to do about cleaning the NAND. if it's difficult, it may not be worth it, because since you're messing with the NAND, it could brick.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really. I left region hax on my wii u, even though it can cause a "brick" sorta where nothing works. I did it correctly, and I have a backup of the sys_prod.xml without the modification, but I just left it since it's not hurting anything. that's what I'd do in your case even if you don't want to use homebrew.

LemonBubble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not really. I left region hax on my wii u, even though it can cause a "brick" sorta where nothing works. I did it correctly, and I have a backup of the sys_prod.xml without the modification, but I just left it since it's not hurting anything. that's what I'd do in your case even if you don't want to use homebrew.
Ok. Thank you. Although, do you know how to delete channels?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Reactions: godreborn

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok. Thank you. Although, do you know how to delete channels?

You run absolutely no risks on leaving the Homebrew Channel. To delete any channel you want, you have to use Any Title Deleter, which is a homebrew based software that looks for installed channels on your home menu.

Or if you want it more extreme, I think with a Wad Manager and the Wad containing the channel you want to delete.

For instance, if you want to remove the Photo Channel, you must get a Photo Channel of the region of your console in WAD format, and use a Wad Manager to select that WAD and uninstall the WAD. It sounds trivial, but that's how it used to be back then... I mean 2009-2010

BUT OF COURSE, DELETING CHANNELS COULD TURN YOUR CONSOLE IN A NICE AND FANCY PAPERWEIGHT.... SO THERE'S THAT.

You could be like that cool hipster that uses a Wii to keep papers in place. You'll be the cool kid in your neighbourhood. I betcha you'll get many friends when they go to see your Fancy Hipster Paperweight. You could even brag about it claiming: "I did it myself"

Of course... I'm joking. Don't do it, unless you want to be that cool hipster.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy