Removing CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PolskiWisnia, Aug 2, 2017.

1. PolskiWisnia
    OP

PolskiWisnia Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Poland
    Hello guys, I want to remove CFW from my Old 3DS (not XL model). Is there a easily way like NAND restore? I have 11.4 version (PAL console)

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    HugaTheFox likes this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Why do you want to remove CFW? It's not recommended.

Quantumcat and TheCyberQuake like this.
  4. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    OP may be selling the unit etc.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I'm asking because there are some bad reasons to remove CFW, such as troubleshooting an issue that will not be solved by removing CFW.

6. PolskiWisnia
    OP

PolskiWisnia Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Poland
    I'm going to give it to the repair shop - when I open the 3DS all the way down it makes "pop" sound and is turning off.

7. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    That's nothing to do with the software of having CFW installed from far as I known, sounds like loose ribbon cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    Are you sending it to Nintendo or are you using a local electronics repair shop? I ask because if you're using a local shop you don't have to uninstall hacks. If you're sending it to Nintendo under warranty, they'll either fix it and remove the hacks, plus update your system so it CAN'T be hacked again; or if they can't fix it they will swap it and send you a replacement unit on 11.5 anyway.

My advice is if your console isn't under warranty (which I doubt since it's O3DS) take it to a repair shop instead of sending it to Nintendo.

Last edited by Majickhat55, Aug 2, 2017
  9. PolskiWisnia
    OP

PolskiWisnia Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Poland
    I'm going to send it to the Nintendo. Also I didn't use that CFW at all. I only played 1 3DS games and my entire library of DS games so it was useless. Thanks to all ;)

10. PolskiWisnia
    OP

PolskiWisnia Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Poland
    Sorry for 2 posts underitself, but I have a question. Before I formated the SD card I made a backup image of it. Will the games on it work? I heard from my friend he did it himself and it worked. He's got an OFW so I don't really know will it work with the game from the freeShop (it was Majora's Mask 3D - the only game I got from freeShop, in Poland it's around 20% more expensive than in US or Japan, it costs around 60$ so we can't afford that much games).

11. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    No, none of the games you installed with freeShop will work because OFW will not recognize the tickets as legitimate. The games will all appear in your data management greyed out with a red "X". Meaning they are installed, but missing the ticket. The only way to install the ticket, it with CFW or by actually purchasing the game through eShop.

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. PolskiWisnia
    OP

PolskiWisnia Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Poland
    So, if I'll give my 3DS to the Nintendo they will remove CFW from it, update it and none of my games will work? Guess I'll need to wait for CFW for 11.5 without DSi Ware or buy used Majora's Mask. Thanks everyone!

Majickhat55 likes this.
  13. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    If you are sending it to Nintendo just put a stealth patch on the ctrnand with a blank sd card if you have a secondary one.

Majickhat55 likes this.
  14. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    BTW there isn't any way to install CFW on 11.4/11.5 without another console or 3rd party hardware. Even the NTRBootHax everyone is waiting on requires a flashcard and another hacked 3DS or a Powersave device. Unless Smealum releases his private exploit, or a new one turns up you'll be sitting on OFW for quite a while.

Quantumcat likes this.
  15. PolskiWisnia
    OP

PolskiWisnia Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Poland
    Thanks to Switch games for 3DS in Poland are being cheaper than ever before. Oh, I almost forgot; my friend will buy the O3DS with CFW on it. Will the System Transfer work for games? Or will it be the same problem with tickets?

16. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If it is being transferred to a console with CFW you can reinstall the tickets after the transfer and the games will show up. If you are transferring to a stock console the games will not show up. You could use DSiWare hax to install CFW on the target console though, if you are transferring anyway.

17. PolskiWisnia
    OP

PolskiWisnia Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    Poland
    OK, thanks to everyone I know all I wanted to know. :)