Hacking Removing B9S after CTRTransfer

SSAZU-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was messing around on my o3ds today, and wondered if I could install arm9loaderhax on it. I first CTRTransfered from 11.5 to 9.2, and it worked fine. Then I went to go uninstall B9S. That went all fine and dandy, but when I rebooted the console, it brings me to a black screen.
Later I went to go use a different 3ds to CTRTransfer from 11.6 to 11.5, for testing purposes. I then uninstalled B9S, and wanted to see if it had the same results, and it did.
This forum is a mix of me asking for help, and a warning to anyone thinking about removing custom firmware.

(I don't really care to much about the 3ds, which is why I tried this, but it would be nice if it was in a working condition.)

By the way, my CTRTransfer that I did on from 11.6 to 11.5 was on a hardmodded 3ds so that I could save it from a brick.

Last edited by SSAZU-X,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was messing around on my o3ds today, and wondered if I could install arm9loaderhax on it.
Sure (assuming you can still find the files :D)

I first CTRTransfered from 11.5 to 9.2, and it worked fine. Then I went to go uninstall B9S. That went all fine and dandy, but when I rebooted the console, it brings me to a black screen.
How did you uninstall it in the first place? It's done by flashing an official kernel; but of course that kernel needs to be compatible with the operating system you have, and I can only imagine some guides blindly saying to restore a firm0 backup without mentioning version

Or, some critical title in the ctrtransfer image is unsigned, and rightfully fails verification when no CFW is there to make the kernel skip signature checks...

By the way, my CTRTransfer that I did on from 11.6 to 11.5 was on a hardmodded 3ds so that I could save it from a brick.
ehhh, the cool new way is with ntrboot :P

Last edited by Ryccardo,

SSAZU-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I uninstalled B9S by using the God-Mode9 script from 3ds.guide uninstalling cfw.
(I am never with the cool way, always out doing some old outdated way.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0