Remove Update nag on 6.1.0

Not sure if this is exactly safe but I did it and it seems to be working fine, the nag may come back if you go off of airplane mode though. I'm using 90dns and haven't had it come back so far so it should be fine.

You will need your biskeys to do this if you dont have them(you already should) look for another tutorial to see how.

Grab hacdiskmount and memloader from rajcuckos website https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/.

Open the memloader archive and copy the contents of the samples folder to the root of your sd card, now boot memloader.bin when the payload launches sel;ect ums_emmc from the menu.

Plug your switch into you pc if you see the "you need to format disk" popup just ignore it, now open hacdiskmount as administrator and then click file open psyhical drive then select linux ums disk

Once mounted in hacdisk mount click on your system partition then enter your biskeys for it and click mount

Now goto the mounted partition in your file manager and navigate to the save folder. Rename 000000000000000f to 000000000000000f.bak.

You should now be able to reboot and your supernag should be gone

D

Deleted User

Easy solution: let the Switch reach 10% or less for battery. Click to update, it will fall. Turn off wifi or enable a way to disable Nintendo Network. Done. No more update nagging you

Edit: make sure you dont have the charger connected

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Broduskii and Hmed

switshgam0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Easy solution: let the Switch reach 10% or less for battery. Click to update, it will fall. Turn off wifi or enable a way to disable Nintendo Network. Done. No more update nagging you

Can someone verify this way?

darkalex004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Easiest solution : Enable airplane mode, then shutdown and boot in recovery mode (Vol + and - plus Power button), then shutdown again and power your console back on, and the nag will be gone as long as you don't connect to internet :) Works 100%
How can I do that on a Switch on 6.1.0 with autorcm? (I don´t want to burn fuses) :unsure:
Thanks in advance

KylieJenner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do games know when an update is available for themselves if you’ve stayed offline the entire release cycle of that game? It always confused me as to how something can know an updated available if it’s never been online since that update was released.

Reactions: eskinner3742

SkiNty

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
How do games know when an update is available for themselves if you’ve stayed offline the entire release cycle of that game? It always confused me as to how something can know an updated available if it’s never been online since that update was released.
I've also always wondered this, really annoying!

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Fast and easy bij method!

Just power off the console, enter recovery mode by pressing and holding power+volume up+volume down key. Then leave recovery mode by pressing the power button.

No more updating messages!

Reactions: Coreyosaur

Phantasia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I followed the steps above, power off, go to recovery mode, leaving the recovery mode by pressing the power button.
Back to cfw when opening an installed nsp, it still asks for update.

Am I missing something here?

tofu_HK

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Fast and easy bij method!

Just power off the console, enter recovery mode by pressing and holding power+volume up+volume down key. Then leave recovery mode by pressing the power button.

No more updating messages!

Not work when AutoRCM mode on.

D

Deleted User

Follow my steps. No. It does not update. You can't update your Switch on low battery

BIGdoubleD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't want to upgrade my system to 6.1 or latest, i wanna free games then i think using system 5 is absolutely enough for all my requirements.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Easiest solution : Enable airplane mode, then shutdown and boot in recovery mode (Vol + and - plus Power button), then shutdown again and power your console back on, and the nag will be gone as long as you don't connect to internet :) Works 100%

This didn't work. Will try again.

Borsalino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

How do I do this if I'm always on AutoRCM? I updated using ChoiDujourNX.

Borsalino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it even possible to remove the nag for games to update? Every game I launch says there is an update?

Yup I was able to remove the nag using this method. You don't have to worry about the nag anymore because 5 minutes ago, Atmosphere has released 0.8.0 that supports 6.2.0!

Reactions: SkillingCat
D

Deleted User

Can someone verify this way?
My method will not update your Switch. Like I mentioned, the Switch will not update if it's on low battery. 10% or lower will trigger this. Updating will fail once you click yes to update. It will ask you to charge your device first before updating. Make sure the Switch isnt connected to the dock or to the charger. After the fail attempt, the Switch may crash. Upon rebooting, the update nag is gone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs