Hacking Remove NNID on CBHC enabled Wii U?

Crossvxm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know if the NNID can be removed from the Wii U if you have Coldboot Haxchi installed on it. I know that deleting the DS game would equal a brick, and I assume that removing the NNID would result in the data associated with the account being deleted, meaning the DS game (or whatever is installed over it) gets deleted as well?

If curious as to why I would like to do this, it is because the NNID is not banned yet (thankfully) and I would like to use the game on another Wii U that needs hacking in order to avoid repurchasing it. Purchasing it again is not a problem before someone asks "if $6.99 is too much", just trying to explore posibilities before the other guy seeing my post in a future elsewhere asks "why did I spend $6.99 all over again instead of using the same account." :)

EXTRA QUESTION: If the above question comes out to be a positive one (as in yes I can safely remove the NNID), can I use SaveMii to back up my saves from the user with the said NNID and restore them on another offline user on the Wii U (offline user meaning a new "user" on the Wii U without a NNID)?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know if the NNID can be removed from the Wii U if you have Coldboot Haxchi installed on it. I know that deleting the DS game would equal a brick, and I assume that removing the NNID would result in the data associated with the account being deleted, meaning the DS game (or whatever is installed over it) gets deleted as well?

If curious as to why I would like to do this, it is because the NNID is not banned yet (thankfully) and I would like to use the game on another Wii U that needs hacking in order to avoid repurchasing it. Purchasing it again is not a problem before someone asks "if $6.99 is too much", just trying to explore posibilities before the other guy seeing my post in a future elsewhere asks "why did I spend $6.99 all over again instead of using the same account." :)

EXTRA QUESTION: If the above question comes out to be a positive one (as in yes I can safely remove the NNID), can I use SaveMii to back up my saves from the user with the said NNID and restore them on another offline user on the Wii U (offline user meaning a new "user" on the Wii U without a NNID)?
this would also brick the console you would essentially be deleting the account that owns the app so then the app would not have permission to run and cause a brick

Reactions: Crossvxm

Crossvxm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this would also brick the console you would essentially be deleting the account that owns the app so then the app would not have permission to run and cause a brick

Thank you, I figured. It is safer to buy the game on a new account anyways. Checking to see if the account is banned each time would mean connecting the hacked Wii U online each time.

Thank you a lot for the swift reply!

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like OldGnashburg said, just Uninstall CBHC properly, the right way. By running the CBHC installer and choosing the "Uninstall" option. Then just delete haxchi after you successfully uninstalled CBHC.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to have a link to dev apps for the Wii U but I won't link it due to it being copyrighted material. One of them is a account manager, not sure if thats what you are looking for but thats the only thing I can think of that you might want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...