Remove File Association

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. I'm having trouble removing a file association on my pc. it says that there's no association, but whenever you go to open with, it shows that it's connected to a specific program. also, I cannot seem to change the file association no matter what I do. thanks.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
that's the thing. the file type isn't listed.
So the desired extension isn't in the list that appears here? (In choose default apps by file type)
upload_2018-11-22_0-32-41.png

May I ask why you want to delete a file association?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to change the file association to something else, but it doesn't want to change. I've even gone into the registry to no effect.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I got it to work by running the app as administrator before file association, but it didn't change the file icon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

alright, I fixed it. the icon changed somehow as I was about to change the file association to something else. I had done nothing yet, then it changed.

Reactions: AlanJohn

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
alright, I got it to work by running the app as administrator before file association, but it didn't change the file icon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

alright, I fixed it. the icon changed somehow as I was about to change the file association to something else. I had done nothing yet, then it changed.
That's because Windows has icon cache. You can flush it but I don't remember how.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE