Misc Remove account

Jerry2015

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've got a Nintendo 3ds that I bought a couple years ago and installed all the homebrew stuff and played it for a bit then go bored... I've repaired my interest recently and started playing again, upgraded everything and all that.. Well I went to update the system so I could get the dlc for smash Brothers and realized it has had an account in it this whole time... How can I remove this account without a password? I don't want to reset it and lose all my save data.. And I'm also worried about bricking it by resetting it with boot9strap... I'm at a loss.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I've got a Nintendo 3ds that I bought a couple years ago and installed all the homebrew stuff and played it for a bit then go bored... I've repaired my interest recently and started playing again, upgraded everything and all that.. Well I went to update the system so I could get the dlc for smash Brothers and realized it has had an account in it this whole time... How can I remove this account without a password? I don't want to reset it and lose all my save data.. And I'm also worried about bricking it by resetting it with boot9strap... I'm at a loss.
You can use JKSM or checkpoint to backup your save data for the game. Formatting a console with B9S on it will do nothing, so there is no worries there.

Jerry2015

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use JKSM or checkpoint to backup your save data for the game. Formatting a console with B9S on it will do nothing, so there is no worries there.

I'm not familiar with jksm or checkpoint. I've been out of the scene for a while.. Can I format without having the password? A format may be good.. I still have a bunch of files from previous hacks on the system. I'm not sure what I can and can't delete lol

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The nnid is stored on a file called nnidsave.bin but idk where is located on the ctr nand. But there is a godmode9 script that let you remove nnid or you can just try running a tinyformat
It is, but its also stored on nintendos server with that consoles serial number. They will get errors if they dont either fully log out of the NNID or system transfer.

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
It is, but its also stored on nintendos server with that consoles serial number. They will get errors if they dont either fully log out of the NNID or system transfer.

You can bypass the serial number login .... Instead of calling Nintendo and creating fake excuses and getting in more trouble + console and nnid banned. How the hell didn't peoples have ever tried to change their serial to log to their NNID

1: I repeat anyway there is a gm9 script to remove nnid if the OP really needs to

2: Changing the serial number of your console is easy as writing a text file. The file containing it is nand:/rw/SecureInfo_A, with a hex editor in the last line you will see the serial number, just change it to the serial of the console the nnid is linked to, pretty stupid to do right?

Last edited by Aquadraws,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg