OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the thread

http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...-some-dont.html

All I wanted to know was why some files weren't working. What WAS supposed to be a respected member told me to install a patche ios60 file. Now my wii says the system menu is corrupted.

What should I do? I'm on 4.0u and I have the preloader. I owe that thing my Wii's life. I have full access to the homebrew channel. What the hell went wrong?

Destati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure? are you 100% sure? I'm extremely paranoid right now. Three hacked systems and this is the first time anything remotely bad happened.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I see everyone gets a corrupted message when they installed a patched 60 but reinstalling preloader seems to always work for that problem

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this is a common issue since Preloader applies its own patch to IOS60 when installing. Therefore, reinstalling Preloader will fix things.

Destati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i went to 3.2 and now im back at 4.0. Do I need to re-install any of the ios files I used to have? I remember installing IOS 53, 38 and 55. Do I also need to reinstall IOS 60?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't have to downgrade, but whatever. The patched IOS60 should already be in place. You can test that out by trying out an installed channel from the SD Menu.

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
from what I see everyone gets a corrupted message when they installed a patched 60 but reinstalling preloader seems to always work for that problem

Is this correct? If you already "patched" IOS60, you WILL get the System Files are Corrupt message after installing Preloader? I know re-installing it fixes it, but I was told if IOS60 was patched the message would not appear. ???

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ecw said:
Mark McDonut said:

Is this correct? If you already "patched" IOS60, you WILL get the System Files are Corrupt message after installing Preloader? I know re-installing it fixes it, but I was told if IOS60 was patched the message would not appear. ???

I installed a patched ios60 before installing preloader and I never got the corrupted message

Destati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazing. Not only did the USB Loader GX guys get me back to where i used to be, but now I can play the VC games that I wasn't able to play before. Thos guys are gods.

D

Deleted User

Are you some kind of spammer?

We gave you instructions on what was supposed to be done but you didn't do it.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plus he joined 4 days ago.

READ THE STICKIES AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM.

Then people won't have to help you fix what you're fucking up, for you to then brag that they helped you run pirated channels. You sound like someone trying to incite something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves