Remembering Densetsu

116738.png

One year ago on May 19, our Ninja had passed after losing his battle with cancer. Densetsu was known for not only his contributions to the NDS scene, but for his extremely amazing personality. He would go out of his way to help everyone and kept a calm level head no matter what pressure he was under. He never lost his cool and was always willing to work things out, earning him the utmost respect for the community. He was also an inspiring doctor going through medical school. Something he was extremely passionate about, coupled with his love for gaming.
Densetsu's legacy still lives on in the hearts of those who had the pleasure to work with him.
To quote @BORTZ
We don't mourn for you, we mourn for us. Because you were stolen.
You are gone, but never forgotten. Your memory lives on.
Keep rolling, brother. The skies are open for you.
RIP Densetsu 2016

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Who? Why have I never heard of this. I was around and active.
Densetsu, he was a member who contributed a lot to the NDS scene, mostly to the M3 scene and ROM translation scene. He also became a member of the staff, quickly raising to Moderator and then Global Moderator. He was also an inspiring doctor who was going to medical school. There's obviously a lot more to him to make him an extremely notable member of the Temp, but it's hard to summarize his full contributions in just one post.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I remember Densetsu very fondly. We didn't speak often, but when we did interact, he had an impeccable sense of humour. He was great at moderating the forums and keeping the peace, and his Japanese thread was very useful and interesting for our users. I still remember his Bukkake Soup thread, it was class entertainment. He'll be remembered, for sure.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish I could have been around when he was most active.. I never really got to know Densetsu
Wherever he is, I hope he's happy.

Reactions: DS1

DrHikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There this one thing I want to say. I really hope someone from his family or his real life friends has been reading the forums or seeing the posts on his walls. I want them to know just how much he meant to us and that his memory still lives on here on the Temp.
As for you my friend, I wish so much luck and send some love to your mom from the Temp and know that we only wish her well. I don't know her personally, but I know you and you are like kin to us. So she's kin too.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Last year I gave a eulogy at his funeral and had mentioned the severe loss our community had with his passing. His family was extremely touched and I sent his mother all of your messages. Franz was my best friend and brought me into this community years ago when we were both in Japan.

His family is endeared by your shared grief and your support. <3

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Last year I gave a eulogy at his funeral and had mentioned the severe loss our community had with his passing. His family was extremely touched and I sent his mother all of your messages. Franz was my best friend and brought me into this community years ago when we were both in Japan.

His family is endeared by your shared grief and your support. <3
It puts my mind at ease knowing his family knows just how much we cared about him. I just want his family to know that they are kin to us and we are forever grateful to have had the honor to experience a true Legend. His family and friends are always welcome here on the Temp. We will always be here if they need us.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP Densetsu, I still think of him often. He went out of his way to headhunt me (through GameFAQs no less!!) to help with the Blood of Bahamut project. One of the few people who validated my JP skills and made me feel really confident about it. Great guy to work with as well.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still completely hurt by his passing; I remember before I even know this happened; I'd always drop in his profile to see if he's active or not; cause I really missed him. He was a very funny person; I remember rolling on the floor after reading his posts when he closed threads. Densetsu, RIP man we will always miss you. Amazing guy. :(

Reactions: The Catboy

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm way way to absent from this site, only having found out this happened yesterday night...
He was probably the most recognizable person in the M3 topics, always calm and well spoken, it always put a smile on my face when I saw his avatar pass around when I was reading up on something.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When death came for him, Densetsu was learning to heal bodies
but he was born with the knowledge of how to heal hearts.
That might have been his greatest skill, and the one least known by the world.
I'm so honored to have seen that facet of his personality.
Franz was a good man, by any measure, and I miss his presence dearly.

I sure could use his council today.

Last edited by Vulpes Abnocto,

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Jesus has it been a year already? Unbelievable.

I will just echo what I said when Den passed a year back. He was a great human being who not only helped this community but dedicated his life to healing and helping others. My stomach still gets sick and twisted at the thought of him passing so young in this way.

Rest is peace, my heart still hurts for your family.

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If Densetsu was still around, he would most likely even help those who don't know him.
I cannot muster such feelings for someone I didn't know, but seeing all of you respect a person and praise him even after he was gone, made me respect him as well.

Rest in Peace, Densetsu, I hope you receive the greatest rewards for your efforts and good-will.

Reactions: V0ltr0n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo