Status
Not open for further replies.

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember Me is a third-person action game set in Neo-Paris, year 2084. The game stars Nillin, the world’s top​
“memory hunter”, working under the banner of being an “Errorist” seeking to bring down the false utopia created​
by the Memorize corporation, where the plutocrats live in places like Mnemopolis, buying, selling, sharing, and​
reliving their memories at a moments notice, while the poor abuse this gift and turn it into a drug, spending​
away their money for a quick memorial high.​
3gZXs.jpg
Nillin’s quest requires that she go through and rewrite the memories of different people by accessing their Sensen,​
which is mankind’s door to access their memories. These revision sequences, though how few there are, are the​
high points of the game; however, to get to these highs, you have to drudge through semi-tedious battles against​
enemies, boss fights that are high in frustration, and overly simplified climbing. The net result ends up being a poor​
amalgam of Batman Arkham Asylum and Assassin’s Creed. Thankfully, carrying you through these sections of​
mediocrity you have the often cinematic camera angles, dialogue between Nillin and her mysterious helper Edge,​
the fantastic soundtrack, and the beautiful outdoor and indoor scenery of Neo-Paris.​
3gZYV.jpg
Touching further on the music and scenery, it should be noted how in-tune these two are. Neo-Paris has classical​
beauty, modern architecture, futuristic artworks and graffiti, and spectacular technological advancements. The​
music, composed by Olivier Derivière, in kind, has classical instrumentation overlayed with electronic beats and​
effects, creating the perfect audio-visual synchronization for the game’s setting.​
3gZZR.jpg
After working your way through to your target and beginning the “memory remix” process, you watch a memory​
play through for the first time, then you are instructed to rewind by rotating your analog stick counter-clockwise.​
Fast forwarding can also be achieved by rotating clockwise. Your job is to rewind and fast forward the memory to​
find certain “memory bugs” that can be abused. A robot that can malfunction, a gun safety that can be turned off, a​
restraint let loose, simple things that when combined together make big impacts on the memory’s outcome. And​
while there is always a clear path to your goal in the rewrite process, you can also watch other, equally interesting,​
alternative scenarios play out. This memory revision process is one of the most refreshing game experiences​
I’ve had in a long time and makes any problems worth overlooking.​
3h00X.jpg
Overall, Remember Me has amazing high notes like the memory remixing, amazing soundtrack, and gorgeous​
visuals, that easily outweigh any negative or mediocre moments that may reduce the game’s focus. I would not​
suggest playing this game on its hard difficulty, as the extra challenge, I find, detracts from the otherwise​
amazingly cinematic experience. Play this game and play it quick, don’t get too distracted along the way.​
Personally, I give this game an 8 out of 10. Remember Me is a thought-provoking and refreshing game experience.​
Post-review side thought: Remember Me evokes the thought that video games are not all that different from​
buying a memory for your Sensen. You’re taking someone else’s experience (you’re not Master Chief or Nillin or​
Mario or any other character), reliving it in full detail, and making it a piece of your own memory.​

Reactions: NahuelDS

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I clicked this thinking it might be about those silly recent movies called "Remember Me".. glad it wasn't. Do yourself a favor and don't watch either because they're both rather boring...

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having beaten the game a while back, I can say that this review pretty much reflects my thoughts on the game. The biggest flaw is definitely the combat system, and unfortunately there is a lot of combat to slog through, but the rest of the game makes up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos