Hacking Remaping buttons remote play

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

Is it possible to remap buttons on PS Vita for Remote play? For example RDR2 used lower angles for L2 and R2 which I find really uncomfortable. I would much rather use upper angle or even rear touch pad for those buttons.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha in that case if the button combo doesn't bring up the menu it's probably an issue in the tai folder, you may have two tai folders in both ur0 and ux0, you should install all plugins to ur0 only and delete the ux0 tai folder if that's the case, if not open up your ur0 tai folder and make sure both remapsv and ioplus are there as well as check the config.txt and make sure both are listed there as well

Evilswine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'll post my question here as i have the same issue, rather post here as it's the exact same topic. As kaymynd suggested i installed remapsv in ur0, but Square+Start does not bring up while remote play. It does however seem to do something as now all buttons except sticks are non-functional. What am i missing?

EDIT: ux0:data/remaPSV does not contain .bin files

Last edited by Evilswine,

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After testing it myself it looks like the button combo just will not work with remote play app, next best thing would be to open up any vita game, configure button combos within the game, save it then go to the remapsv folder and rename the .bin to NPXS10013.bin

Update: after doing a bit more digging looks like remapsv falls short on this feature as of right now.

remaPSV as of now allows to remap only to physical buttons so no remap to rear/front touch panels.

Use ps4linkcontrols instead like you were planning just put ps4linkcontrols.txt in ux0 and put in the following

And that's it, it remaps all front touchpads to back touchpads. Should you need to you can change the numbers to modify the remaps.

Last edited by kaymynd,
Reactions: Evilswine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm