Released: VisualBoy Advance 1.6

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
something must of broke when compiling the emu for forgotten, thats what i think
huh.gif

as for cityson, it looks like you might end up in the gbatemp jail the way your going, heck maybe even in (dollar)bill gates' jail. xbox is a good system for homebrew programers to give us games like duke3d with updated gfx that will never have seen the light of day if it was'nt for the homebrew, but as for xbox being better then a PC, nope, never, theres just so much you can do on a PC, like change wallpapers, program apps,games, browse the net, download stuff, burn files, upgrade parts (video card,hdd,mo-board,ram etc.) & this is just stuff i can think off out of my head that the xbox cant do. I have an xbox but i dont think its all that greater then a pc, since it is a pc-in-a-box but you can kinda do much less on an xbox then a PC (hmm i wonder if you can overclock the xbox? since its a pc
laugh.gif
)

one last thing cityson, i saw your pics of your color change to your ps2 & xbox.....& i thought.....whats up with the yellow, you must have a thing for yellow or something, (plus with all that yellow on the ps2 you covered up the big purple-blue PS2 lettering, looks to plain now, if i painted my ps2 it will be the color of the that blue lcd next to the dvd drive) i like the original colors that come out for the systems then custom ones

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as for cityson, it looks like you might end up in the gbatemp jail the way your going, heck maybe even in (dollar)bill gates' jail. xbox is a good system for homebrew programers to give us games like duke3d with updated gfx that will never have seen the light of day if it was'nt for the homebrew, but as for xbox being better then a PC, nope, never, theres just so much you can do on a PC, like change wallpapers, program apps,games, browse the net, download stuff, burn files, upgrade parts (video card,hdd,mo-board,ram etc.) & this is just stuff i can think off out of my head that the xbox cant do. I have an xbox but i dont think its all that greater then a pc, since it is a pc-in-a-box but you can kinda do much less on an xbox then a PC (hmm i wonder if you can overclock the xbox? since its a pcÂ
laugh.gif
)
That is so beautiful. Your words they leap from the page and grab me. The PC is so much more powerful than the Xbox. My Xbox sits and collects dust. My other systems get more use. Plus when all my systems now can connect to my PC, I have the "Ultimate Power". Dreamcast by broadband adapter, PS2 via USB, GameCube via PSO, and Xbox via Broadband. The rest I just emu now, I sold all the systems. I really want a good Saturen Emu to come out though.
rolleyes.gif

Square

khayos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I've sifted through the comments here, and wonder if there's a consensus...what are ppl's thoughts on the update of the VBA? Is it worth tinkering with, or would you recommend I wait for 1.6.1 to come down the pipe? Thanks. Looking forward to the replies.
smile.gif

cityson

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
1) change wallpapers
2) program
3) apps
4) games
5) browse the net
6) download stuff
7) burn files, upgrade parts (video card,hdd,mo-board,ram etc.)
8) one last thing cityson, i saw your pics of your color change to your ps2 & xbox.....& i thought.....whats up with the yellow, you must have a thing for yellow or something, (plus with all that yellow on the ps2 you covered up the big purple-blue PS2 lettering, looks to plain now, if i painted my ps2 it will be the color of the that blue lcd next to the dvd drive) i like the original colors that come out for the systems then custom ones
@Fusion @Square

1) Xbox can do that even better!
2) Xbox has lots of programs....good example -----> Linux
3) Apps is same as programs!!!
mad.gif

4) Xbox exclusives....(Which takes 2 years after the releases for PC to play those games)
5) Not yet but soon....(PS2 can browse webs already)
6) That's Xbox Live.
7) Xbox's is upgradable. Soon enough there will be programs to support burning. (Already programs that support HDD.)
8) I don't want that nasty blue square PS2 logo....I purposely paint over it so it looks more like a Japanese PS2. Just cuz you don't know how to paint you think original stuff looks better. Don't be a fool, every original console has black colour so they are so that original after all.

Enough w/ this thread, I don't want to go too off topic here.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1) change wallpapers
2) program
3) apps
4) games
5) browse the net
6) download stuff
7) burn files, upgrade parts (video card,hdd,mo-board,ram etc.)
8) one last thing cityson, i saw your pics of your color change to your ps2 & xbox.....& i thought.....whats up with the yellow, you must have a thing for yellow or something, (plus with all that yellow on the ps2 you covered up the big purple-blue PS2 lettering, looks to plain now, if i painted my ps2 it will be the color of the that blue lcd next to the dvd drive) i like the original colors that come out for the systems then custom ones
@Fusion @Square

1) Xbox can do that even better!
2) Xbox has lots of programs....good example -----> Linux
3) Apps is same as programs!!!
mad.gif

4) Xbox exclusives....(Which takes 2 years after the releases for PC to play those games)
5) Not yet but soon....(PS2 can browse webs already)
6) That's Xbox Live.
7) Xbox's is upgradable. Soon enough there will be programs to support burning. (Already programs that support HDD.)
8) I don't want that nasty blue square PS2 logo....I purposely paint over it so it looks more like a Japanese PS2. Just cuz you don't know how to paint you think original stuff looks better. Don't be a fool, every original console has black colour so they are so that original after all.

Enough w/ this thread, I don't want to go too off topic here.
1) Neither system can do it better than the other -- I mean, it's like saying which chair you sit better in!
2) That's illegal. And he meant programming ON the Xbox, which is impractical and nigh-impossible.
3) Yes, but he meant programming. And so far, only XBox Media Player is legal. The other programs, such as Linux, aren't.
4) The controller will always fail to the keyboard/mouse, and one can buy better gamepads and joysticks for the PC than you'll find for the Xbox (including it's house-sized controller). None of the Xbox exclusives were of any interest, except HALO -- and that's coming out for the PC very shortly.
5) Consoles can't do web-surfing as easy as the PC because again they lack the keyboard/mouse. And the internet was designed with PCs in mind.
6) No, Xbox Live is an interconnector like battle.net. I get the impression he means via a p2p network like Kazaa or downloading media / demos / etc. Again, no internet = no downloading.
7) No, it's not. If you "upgrade" it, you void warranty. I'm not certain, by the way, if the Xbox's disc drive is also a writer, but I doubt it, so again, you'd have to do some illegal modding to burn stuff.
8) GameCube's original color was actually indigo, and until the N64 there were plenty of non-black consoles. And "...so they are so that original after all" is freakin' painful to try to read.

Now that that's straightened out... on topic. Forgotten, the rewinder is nice to have in MANY ways. I no longer need to strategically position the gamepad over the "save state" buttons.... THANKS.

-Tempest out.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game