Wentstorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wiimp3bg.png

Hy guis, today I will present you WiiMP3, the new Homebrew MP3 player for wii creatd by me Wentstorm.
WiiMP3 is a very simple MP3 player with a text interface, but it's completly open source.

Lupo96 is now cooperating with me (Wentstorm) from now on.
Screen shoot:

scrshoot.jpg

CHANGELOG (v2.0):
  • Added support for USB Drives (now you can choose to use SD or USB in the 1st screen)
  • In the filebrowser, pressing B while you are in a subdir, makes it to go to the parent directory - if you are in root, it goes back to the drive selection screen
  • Added "Now playing FILE" function
  • Filesize also displayed in Megabytes
  • Volume changing is now possible
  • Semplified control's buttons
  • While playing a song, pressing B will redirect you to the last visited foder and not in root.
  • ASCII-Art logo :P
  • Other minor changes
For download this Homebrew, yust click HERE --> http://wiimp3.googlecode.com/files/WiiMP3_2.0.zip

Source code is aviable on on GoogleCode repo --> http://code.google.c...source/checkout

Thanks to everyone that made possible develope homebrew applications for Wii.
A special thank to Aurelio Mannara that helped me with FAT lib's code

Sorry for any English mistake.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be nice if you could optionally support audio encoded with aac codec ;) I know mp3 is nice but I've long since gone to aac encodings

EDIT: I realize this might have sounded harsh even a little :) I'm still adding it to my collection of homebrew :) can it read from usb drives when running neek2o?

Wentstorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never used neek2o.
At the moment it support only SD crad.
Uhm, add USB drives support is a great idea :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used neek2o.
At the moment it support only SD crad.
Uhm, add USB drives support is a great idea :)
There is a small line of code I believe only 1 or two lines max that need to be added to homebrew to allow it to read usb when running under neek2o since neek2o reads the the emu-nand off usb and this small code does not break compatibility even for already existing apps that read from usb. You can try asking OverJoy and obcd as they are knowledgeable about this code.

What about support for music in ipod fomat? I know this is aac but there seems to be a lot of people using ipods now-a-days :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much everything plays mp3 nowadays. The other formats are a shot in the dark.
What was the first sega cd right? I think it's funny but it's true GO SEGA!

mp3's are nice but I think this page will sum it about up http://askville.amazon.com/percentage-americans-owning-iPod/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=30135642
Also they were discussing on the news today how Apple holds I think 37% of the cellular industry. Still that' s a nice number for iPod fans or aac fans (me of course, I just never really liked ipods :( )

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wentstorm: any confirmation on some of these requests?
  1. support or aac or ipod format audio encodings
  2. usb support in both real/emu-nand
Thanks for you consideration :) I would just like a heads up as something else to look forward to :)

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah how about adding USB support for external hard drives and more audio formats like what was mentioned above, ACC, OGG etc.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto albeit a little confirmation on whether or not the dev is planning on adding such features would be better then nothing; even a simple no, I'm not interested? Albeit my mama always told me when people don't respond it typically means no anyways.

Wentstorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys! After one month WiiMP3 2.0 is finally out!
Lupo96 is now cooperating with me (Wentstorm) from now on.

CHANGELOG:
  • Added support for USB Drives (now you can choose to use SD or USB in the 1st screen)
  • In the filebrowser, pressing B while you are in a subdir, makes it to go to the parent directory - if you are in root, it goes back to the drive selection screen
  • Added "Now playing FILE" function
  • Filesize also displayed in Megabytes
  • Volume changing is now possible
  • Simplified control buttons
  • While playing a song, pressing B will redirect you to the last visited foder and not in root.
  • ASCII-Art logo :P
  • Other minor changes
Download: http://wiimp3.google.../WiiMP3_2.0.zip

Source code is available in the googlecode page: http://code.google.com/p/wiimp3/

Please can someone take a screen shoot for me?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt realize only 5 people commented on this :moogle: Still thanks for updating it :)
Any chance of getting aac support? Sorry I have the tendency to ask untill I get a definite "no" LoL :) keep up the good work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol