[Release] Wii U Memshark - Cross-platform memory manipulation client

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by XBigTK13X, Nov 14, 2016.

1. XBigTK13X
    OP

XBigTK13X Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    United States
    Wii U Memshark
    wiiu-memshark provides an easy way to launch TCPGecko on a Wii U, and a means to interact with TCPGecko once it is running. This is a cross-platform open source tool I wrote and have been using for a couple of weeks.

Killer features
    • Deploy Wii U exploits from your local machine
    • No SD card contents are required on the Wii U
    • Easily change memory addresses and values
    • Easily add new games to the tool
    • Multi-threaded design efficiently freezes values on the console
    • Written in Python, so it runs on every OS
    • Only depends on Python3+tk
    Why?
    There are some existing tools out there for exploiting the console's kernel and launching TCPGecko. I didn't like depending on a third party website to get my console into a hackable state. This tool takes care of that by hosting the exploits locally.

There are some great tools and trainers out there. I didn't like having to comb through a bunch of Windows specific source code just to correct outdated memory locations and values. This tools also takes care of that. Everything is stored in easily editable config files.

If you are in the market to create new configs, then I recommend existing tools to hunt down address locations. TCPGecko.NET is my preferred method. If there's enough demand, then some of the basic functionality from TCPGecko.NET could be ported into wiiu-memshark.

Where can I get it?
    You can clone the source on GitHub. Note that you will need Python3+tk installed to run the tool. Issues and pull requests are welcome.

https://github.com/XBigTK13X/wiiu-memshark

How do I use it?
    The README on the GitHub page provides info on installing and launching the tool.

https://github.com/XBigTK13X/wiiu-memshark#installation

Last edited by XBigTK13X, Nov 15, 2016
    ness151, NWPlayer123, eco95 and 2 others like this.
  2. eco95

eco95 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    Taiwan
    Thank you so much for your awesome work!

Could you please write a simple tutorial for Wii U Memshark ?

1. on wiiu, run \wiiu-memshark-master\site\kernel-exploit.mp4, tcp-gecko.mp4

2. In game, run games.py on pc ??

3. XBigTK13X
    OP

XBigTK13X Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    United States
    @eco95 sure thing! If you check the github page, the README provides a bit more info.

Long story short, run `python main.py` to launch the memshark GUI before launching anything on the Wii U. From there, you can follow further instructions in the GitHub README.

eco95 likes this.
  4. RandomUser

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    You could already self host tcpgecko a long time ago. I have been doing for a while now without any issue. @wj44 already has the self-hosting package from his website that is ready to use, you just need to get and install XAMPP. Also since JGecko U has months head start, most people will be using that instead. I guess what it comes down to, what the difference between JGecko U and your's? Will we have to port existing codes to make it compatible to yours. If your tool has a frame by frame pausing, like TCPGecko has, then this tool would be unique to JGecko U. It's always great to have more options, in fact the more the merrier.
    So If I understand this correctly, does this tool forgo the need for the codehandler.bin and tcpgecko.elf? This may be another advantage over other tools.

5. XBigTK13X
    OP

XBigTK13X Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    United States
    @RandomUser you are correct in that codehandler.bin and tcpgecko.elf do not need to be stored on any SD card prior to running memshark. Instead, those payloads are delivered the same way loadiine.ovh serves them. Additionally, there is no extra configuration or installation required like with the tools that require XAMPP. You click a button in memshark, and it provides a URL to hit from the Wii U. You take an unmodded Wii U, no SD card or anything, and can run exploits+codes through this tool.

I had not seen JGecko before you mentioned it. Thank you for the reference. A quick poke around the source code leads me to see https://wiiucodes.tk/games.php as the source of codes used by that app. That database is next to empty from what I can see. The existing codes would be trivial to port.

eco95 likes this.
  6. RandomUser

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    Ah, so fully self contained so to speak, nice. No Problem. Actually their is loads of codes for JGecko U. Mainly for MK8. It's just that it remains unreleased due to online. Also most trainers are probably using @CosmoCortney code handler, which JGecko U uses. In a sense those trainers are using JGecko U format of some sort. Actually I am wrong for calling JGecko U format, but it is only usable in JGecko U so we could call it like it is.
    While I don't have PAL version of the game, here is a bunch of SSB4 codes as well.
    Again more options are good.