Homebrew [RELEASE] WII-HEXEN II

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Link updated to BUILD 1032 within the first post. Release info added as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It should be fixed. Try it and report back.
It's really strange, your last build is not booting. It sends me back to the HB channel, no error messages.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's really strange, your last build is not booting. It sends me back to the HB channel, no error messages.

Okay, just wait a few minutes as i think that you have some strange video mode on your side that i take special care of and i need to know that mode so better get a pencil...

UPDATED...

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, just wait a few minutes as i think that you have some strange video mode on your side that i take special care of and i need to know that mode so better get a pencil...

UPDATED...
Now it says:
unsupported video mode: TVEurgb60Hz480Prog

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Updated the link, should be working for you...
This is perfect. Great thanks!!! Now the screen is pixel perfect,:yaywii:
I was able to switch to the right thumb stick. However, I see that it's mapped to move (vertical axis) and strafe (horizontal axis) and that it can't be customized. I feel that the d-pad is perfect for moving in the 4 directions, while the right thumb could be perfect for looking around.
Would it be possible to map Look up/down on the vertical axis and Turn left/right on the horizontal axis?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With the thumb sticks switching enabled, lookup & lookdown are mapped to the left stick this way and you want to have them on the right stick instead?
No, sorry. I wasn't making myself clear.
lookup & lookdown are not mapped to the left or right stick. I want to map it like so, but I wasn't able to find how.
Instead, the stick is mapped for walking and strafing, and I wanted to change it,

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, sorry. I wasn't making myself clear.
lookup & lookdown are not mapped to the left or right stick. I want to map it like so, but I wasn't able to find how.
Instead, the stick is mapped for walking and strafing, and I wanted to change it,
By switching the thumb stick, they are for me on the left stick now...
Are you absolutely sure that you cannot look around?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I'm sure. All it does is walking forward/backward and strafing left/right.
If I go to customize controls, the stick can't be mapped.
I remember that in my first attempt of configuring controls, I had the dpad configured that way.
Maybe it remained in some of my config files? But I think that it would be overwritten updating the app

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe it remained in some of my config files? But I think that it would be overwritten updating the app
Yeah, i think there might be something wrong with the config - maybe some setting you activated by mistake because there is a hidden setting in the "OPTIONS" menu which the real creators of "Hammer of Thyrion" forgot to disable for accessing. Though, it can't be read from your side, but in the source code this invisible setting is called "USE MOUSE" and on one or two of my previous releases, it was still accessible. Maybe you switched it. I disabled access to that option like 2 releases ago. Try deleting your config. It might be worth a try.

EDIT:

I think, i placed a config within my release too, you could even try using that one.

Last edited by nitr8,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have one last issue, I've binded the center view to x button, but it won't work. It registers the key but nothing happens if I press it in the game.
It's not a big issue, because the game controls and plays wonderfully after your latest updates, and it's not really that needed. But I whish to report.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have one last issue, I've binded the center view to x button, but it won't work. It registers the key but nothing happens if I press it in the game.
It's not a big issue, because the game controls and plays wonderfully after your latest updates, and it's not really that needed. But I whish to report.
Yeah, i'm aware of that situation and it seems as if it's usually wanted that way as the game forces to go back to center if mouselook is enabled for some unknown reason but i've managed to fix it. Just need to upload another release.

EDIT: FIXED!

Last edited by nitr8,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everything's fixed now and I'm enjoying this wonderful game once again.
Playin' for hours and I had not a single bug or issue, you really did a great job!
After some trying, I think I've found my best configuration for controls.
Here it is, in case you or anyone may find it useful
hexen 2.png

Reactions: nitr8 and Maeson

ShinHisako

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to start Hexen II and I'm getting an error "Unsupported Video Mode: TVNtsc480Prog" and takes me back to the Homebrew Channel I have the latest version maybe I did something wrong?

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to start Hexen II and I'm getting an error "Unsupported Video Mode: TVNtsc480Prog" and takes me back to the Homebrew Channel I have the latest version maybe I did something wrong?
Will fix it.
I need to check for special fullscreen mode on those.
Will report back as soon as I got it done.

EDIT: ... AND DONE!

Last edited by nitr8,
Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello nitr8

I am very late with this great Hexen 2 Port for the Wii. The installation was not so easy, because you was miss out one point. But now I had solve the problem. This is maybe the best port of all PC games so far for the Wii. I had play very often Quake 1 and 2 for Wii, but your Hexen 2 port is better than any other ported game. Many thanks, its all working and with midi and ogg music. Also thanks for the debug menu it has lighting map option. I am PAL land, the game run on my TV with ~50fps and all is correct working. The classic controller is very good, all buttons can be configuration easy.

INSTALLATION (improved for Europe copys)

! You NEED STRINGS.TXT ! My german copy has 3 different string files, for english french and german. So it has to be renamed from
Stringse.txt - Stringsf.txt - Stringsg.txt, to only strings.txt ! And copy it with in the data1 folder or portal folder.

Tested
MAR. 11TH 2020 WIIHEXEN2.zip
With german CDRom ISO (own), not Patched ! old version
Played the full first episode, no crash, no freeze. Was running the game 5 hours in free mode, just walking, no crash. Perfect so far. Easy difficulty, no cheats.

Now the big question, can you port Shadow Warrior for the Wii with music ? A other member had ask you for Blood and your answer was you need the source code. So far I know the source code for Shadow Warrior was official released from 3dRealms himself. And there is a Eduke emulator that suport Shadow Warrior. Please I on my knees, can you port Shadow Warrior for Wii ?I had see many reqeusts for Half Life Wii, but this make no sense it was official ported for Dreamcast and PS2. RTCW and Soldier of Fortune make also no sense for Wii ports. But SIN with Q2 engine was never ported to any console, this would be the biggest dream, the same with Unreal 1. I am highly interested in testing and I have some time for it. Short story for myself, I was working for 20 years ago in the Dreamcast Homebrew scene and PSX, but I am long time out and stupid to port myself. I am also happy with the Shadow Warrior Demo, it has alternate midi music. Love this old shooters.

anyway thanks for all you work

EDIT 1 : Testing

Use the lighting map debug option all the time. I have done the complete game from start to the end without use of any cheat. All puzzles and riddles was working without any bug or error. The game was not crash or freeze at any time. I have also done the complete Mission Pack, the same all puzzles was working, but the Final Boss there was a bug and I was restart it 5 times to kill him. So on Mission pack, make a save file before you go in the final room. Used Crusader on easy difficulty. I had play very slowly and take my time. The framerate is mostly perfect, only in water it go a little bit down, but still perfect. Now testing a little bit speedrun and hardest difficulty, since there are more enemys and the Wii need more power.

Thanks again, great PC port for the Wii.

EDIT 2 :

There is only 1 small problem, I can not read the Text on screen, because its to small and the red color is to dark when the background is black. Its not a big deal since the game is perfect working on easy difficulty so far. But maybe the resolution is to high.
Can you make a extra version for me of your Hexen II port ? Only for testing ? I want testing a smaller resolution in 640x480 with Wii output in fullscreen PAL 720x576. Maybe its also make the game faster in water effects ? Need testing. Otherwise can you add a debug option to make the Text screen bigger ? And last question, can you ad Game Cube Controller, or Keyboard and Mouse ? Still love your port !

Last edited by peter8,

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is amazing. This game works so well and looks so good on my CRT.
I can't code myself and I'm a very realist person but damn, it would be great if someone find a way to make the HUD scaling be possible.I wish i could read those texts but thats no possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On the neighbors side