Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Few days ago, during a break on my university, i wrote this game to explain a friend how Lua syntax works and how much it's different from C/C++ languages.

Today i decided to improve minor things and release it.

WANT3D is a clone of the minigame "Wanted!" from SuperMario 64 DS ( http://www.mariowiki.com/Wanted ).
You'll have 20 seconds from start, each error gives you -3 seconds and each correct face give you +5 seconds.
Instead of Mario (copyrighted) related faces, you'll have some meme faces but you can use your own images by replacing PNG files in faces folder.

Download (Mirror): http://rinnegatamante.it

NOTE: Cause recents hax available on last firmwares natively i decided to stop compiling my homebrews in 3DS/CIA formats cause 3DSX format is now accessible to everyone. If you need a 3DS/CIA build for this homebrew, you can grab lpp-3ds elf from R3 release and compile it in 3DS/CIA format using makerom.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

meinhard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good job, thank you!
P.s. È bello vedere qualche italiano seriamente impegnato nell'ambiente homebrew!

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Little update for this hb (v.1.1) available!

Changelog:
- Solved bug which allowed player to see next face location for like 50ms before new round starts.
- Solved bug causing interpreter crash if START button is pressed during the game.
- Added some SFX audio effects.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using v1.2 on *hax 2.5 on O3DS FW 9.2

Freezes when I try to exit the game. Don't know if you care to fix this at this point. Just letting you know because I'm removing it from BrewMan repo because of this.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still lots of crashing for me when trying to exit.

I figured out how to not make it crash: I have to play both sounds effects (one for correct and other for incorrect). If I play neither, or only one of them, it won't exit.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Still lots of crashing for me when trying to exit.

I figured out how to not make it crash: I have to play both sounds effects (one for correct and other for incorrect). If I play neither, or only one of them, it won't exit.

Seems like a bug in lpp-3ds.
To fast "patch" it, you can put a double sound.play + sound.pause right after the openOgg calls.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Just a little update to this homebrew which is now in v.1.3 that fixes the problem reported by @TheCruel and adds a BGM music to the game.

Changelog:
Code:
- Now game properly exit on newer *haxs.
- Added a BGM music to the game with BGM setting on main menu to enable/disable it.

Download: http://rinnegatamante.it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.