Homebrew Homebrew app [Release] Video player for 3DS

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i've read before the CIA version wasn't useable? should i install 3DSX or can i use CIA now? I'm on O3DS btw so i know performance will be less than perfect but i'm curious about the improvements made since i last tested it. I'll make sure to run a video that matches the screen resolution this time

* Hardware decoding won't work on old 3ds
* Hardware decoding won't work in cia version

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Could stereoscopic 3d video support be added?
Also wouldnt it enhance framerate a little bit if it used nearest neighbor scaling so the 3ds don't need to calculate the downscaled pixels colours
I don't know if I can do it but I'll try it

I tested on old 3ds but it dose not change framerate(changes is less than 0.2fps)

Little_Anonymous_Hacker

GBAtemp's Openly ABDL 1337 HAX0R
Trophies
Website
littleanonhax0r.zyrosite.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Core 2 for a great app.

I tried MPEG4 / MPEG2 encoding , 240p @ ~ 24 fps on OLD3DS which run smooth.

The sound has minor glitch that produce some static noise. I hope it will be fixed in the future.
Can you please tell me the exact resolution and audio quality, for the 240p video and the original file, as well as your video player settings? Every video I've made has no audio and only plays (slowly) for a few seconds on my O3DS (even a video that is only 5 seconds long).

Reactions: Core_2_Extreme

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can you please tell me the exact resolution and audio quality, for the 240p video and the original file, as well as your video player settings? Every video I've made has no audio and only plays (slowly) for a few seconds on my O3DS (even a video that is only 5 seconds long).

Please check if ndsp(audio service) was initialized correctly.

1, Open the video player for 3ds.
2, Press the select button.
3, Go up.
4, Check ndspInit()
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZAioYw_DEG2tXYxm6QOZ2dmeb9XP5MY2/

If result was not 0x0 you should use dsp1 that allow you to use the ndsp service.

Last edited by Core_2_Extreme,

Little_Anonymous_Hacker

GBAtemp's Openly ABDL 1337 HAX0R
Trophies
Website
littleanonhax0r.zyrosite.com
XP
Country
United States

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This was my problem. My 144p video now plays perfectly, and the 240p video plays with some stuttering (originally 24 fps, playing around 16-18 fps).
old3ds cannot play 240p video at 24fps because of terrible cpu.

My O3DS only play audio, video is white/black screen (black or light theme respectively)
what video codec are you using?

Reactions: RacsoSakuraba

Steven Lopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there plans to implement a full screen option? I think this would contribute to a more immersive experience. The full screen option could be toggled by a button press, such as Select or Start.

Another nice feature that I think would be relatively easy to implement (since the seeking code is already there) would be back and forward buttons that go back/forward 5 seconds. Example buttons could be ZL/ZR for N3DS and left/right on the D-Pad (not the circle pad because that moves the video) for o3DS.

Last edited by Steven Lopez,

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can't wait 3D support for New 3DS
I'll add it if it's possible.
But I'm busy now :(

Are there plans to implement a full screen option? I think this would contribute to a more immersive experience. The full screen option could be toggled by a button press, such as Select or Start.

Another nice feature that I think would be relatively easy to implement (since the seeking code is already there) would be back and forward buttons that go back/forward 5 seconds. Example buttons could be ZL/ZR for N3DS and left/right on the D-Pad (not the circle pad because that moves the video) for o3DS.
I'll add both of full screen and go back and forward.
But again I'm busy now :(

Reactions: Steven Lopez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool