ROM Hack RELEASE [Release/Tutorial] Switch theme injector : Easily make custom themes

TsukiRyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using ReiNX and it's working just fine for me. Only problem I had was one of the custom entrance layouts not working, but the other one does and it's honestly probably the better one.
Are you using the latest reinx and on what fw? Im on 6.0.1 reinx if that matters.

Jaspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've got two really dumb questions:

- Will going out of CFW remove the theme
and
- If it does stay for some reason, can Nintendo detect it being different than stock?

Thanks

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, I've got two really dumb questions:

- Will going out of CFW remove the theme
and
- If it does stay for some reason, can Nintendo detect it being different than stock?

Thanks
Yes, custom themes use layeredfs, if you disable that they won't show up.
And same as layered fs we don't know if custom themes can cause bans, I'd recommend to use a dns or keep the console in airplane mode while you're in cfw, regardless of if you use custom themes.
Before 6.2 I used to boot to stock to play online and last time I checked I wasn't banned yet. But this is my experience I may have got lucky, when hacking your console there's always a chance of getting banned.

Diantha

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have mounted my NAND and everything seems good but when I start up the theme injector the Extract NCA tab doesn't show up.

Augar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The injector (online and offline) works as expected, including extracting my .SZS to manually inject the images.

But when i tried to install one of the many zahimi themes (Mario Odyssey), any of the generated .nxthemes through his links (https://gbatemp.net/download/super-mario-odyssey.35306/) would make my Switch hang before the first Lock Screen. Since he also provided the original .DDS images, i have injected and generated my own .nxthemes for each page, which worked flawlessly.

Maybe he generated his own .nxthemes for 5.x? Because the GBATemp .nxtheme worked without any tinkering.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The injector (online and offline) works as expected, including extracting my .SZS to manually inject the images.

But when i tried to install one of the many zahimi themes (Mario Odyssey), any of the generated .nxthemes through his links (https://gbatemp.net/download/super-mario-odyssey.35306/) would make my Switch hang before the first Lock Screen. Since he also provided the original .DDS images, i have injected and generated my own .nxthemes for each page, which worked flawlessly.

Maybe he generated his own .nxthemes for 5.x? Because the GBATemp .nxtheme worked without any tinkering.
Weird, nxthemes are version independent, maybe he just used a bad layout

Tangmu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi exelix11!

First of all thank you for your effort and creating this tool! I have downloaded SwitchThemeInjector 3.4 and NXThemes 1.0 and strictly followed the guide postet on your GitHub page. Everything works smoothly until I reach the point where I'm supposed to dump the home menu. When pointing SwitchThemeInjector to my "prod.keys" file and my "systemData" folder on the SD card and click the "RUN" button I directly receive an error message saying "Couldn't find lyt dir, the log has been saved as hactool.log".

Since the hactool version included with SwitchThemeInjector 3.4 seems to be 1.2.2 I think it's the latest version and should be fine. I am starting the think it could be an issue with SX OS EmuNAND.

My setup is as follows:

Clean internal NAND on FW 5.1.
SX OS 2.5 with hidden EmuNAND on SD card on FW 6.2.

I got my fuse info and TSEC keys using hekate CTCaer mod 4.6. The "prod.keys" file was generated using Lockpick 1.0 running in EmuNAND on FW 6.2. The NCAs for "home" and "user" were dumped using NXThemes 1.0 running in EmuNAND on FW 6.2 as well.

When checking the "hactool.log" file the first line says:

[WARN] prod.keys does not exist. (Remark: It does and it resides in the "/switch" folder.)

Then it shows a whole lot of key information followed by Done!.

The last part in the log shows a bunch of errors in the form of:

stderr:
[WARN]: Failed to match key "bis_kek_source", (value ...

I get errors for about 20 keys here.

The file ends with:

Error: section 0 is corrupted!
Error: section 1 is corrupted!

Is there a key mismatch when dumping from EmuNAND on a higher FW compared to the internal NAND? I'm stuck.

Your help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi exelix11!

First of all thank you for your effort and creating this tool! I have downloaded SwitchThemeInjector 3.4 and NXThemes 1.0 and strictly followed the guide postet on your GitHub page. Everything works smoothly until I reach the point where I'm supposed to dump the home menu. When pointing SwitchThemeInjector to my "prod.keys" file and my "systemData" folder on the SD card and click the "RUN" button I directly receive an error message saying "Couldn't find lyt dir, the log has been saved as hactool.log".

Since the hactool version included with SwitchThemeInjector 3.4 seems to be 1.2.2 I think it's the latest version and should be fine. I am starting the think it could be an issue with SX OS EmuNAND.

My setup is as follows:

Clean internal NAND on FW 5.1.
SX OS 2.5 with hidden EmuNAND on SD card on FW 6.2.

I got my fuse info and TSEC keys using hekate CTCaer mod 4.6. The "prod.keys" file was generated using Lockpick 1.0 running in EmuNAND on FW 6.2. The NCAs for "home" and "user" were dumped using NXThemes 1.0 running in EmuNAND on FW 6.2 as well.

When checking the "hactool.log" file the first line says:

[WARN] prod.keys does not exist. (Remark: It does and it resides in the "/switch" folder.)

Then it shows a whole lot of key information followed by Done!.

The last part in the log shows a bunch of errors in the form of:

stderr:
[WARN]: Failed to match key "bis_kek_source", (value ...

I get errors for about 20 keys here.

The file ends with:

Error: section 0 is corrupted!
Error: section 1 is corrupted!

Is there a key mismatch when dumping from EmuNAND on a higher FW compared to the internal NAND? I'm stuck.

Your help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!
Yes i think the problem is emunand, unfortunately i don't use it and don't know how to fix it.
But you can surely find the switch keys you need on google, maybe looking for pastebin
I'll ask lockpick dev about this but idk if he can do something about it.

Last edited by exelix11,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can