ROM Hack RELEASE [Release/Tutorial] Switch theme injector : Easily make custom themes

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
crash on boot with Error 2168-0002, theme made by switch theme injector 3.40.
here's the theme files, made by applying 720p JPG image via switch theme injector (switchthemes.exe) 3.40

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b1imjbT9SZpUgdd9uQGSyhZmPMAGhQl2

on reinx 2.0 and kosmos dejavu release.

any idea why? thankyou
From a quick look the files look ok to me. Will test them later today.
If you updated your switch recently that's the issue: every time you update you have to follow the dump guide again because the home menu files change.

Reactions: orangpelupa

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
From a quick look the files look ok to me. Will test them later today.
If you updated your switch recently that's the issue: every time you update you have to follow the dump guide again because the home menu files change.

thankyou. Im on 6.0.1 and its my first time making a theme, so its a new dump.

i do able to apply theme that other people have made. the "Reykja" theme, apply just fine.

but when i apply themes i made, boom that error on boot haha

EDIT:
looking at https://exelix11.github.io/SwitchThemeInjector/

it links to https://www.aconvert.com/image/png-to-dds/

hmm, maybe my .nxtheme results in crash on boot, because i used JPG instead of PNG? ill try tomorrow with PNG on windows version and web version.

Last edited by orangpelupa,

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
thankyou. Im on 6.0.1 and its my first time making a theme, so its a new dump.

i do able to apply theme that other people have made. the "Reykja" theme, apply just fine.

but when i apply themes i made, boom that error on boot haha

EDIT:
looking at https://exelix11.github.io/SwitchThemeInjector/

it links to https://www.aconvert.com/image/png-to-dds/

hmm, maybe my .nxtheme results in crash on boot, because i used JPG instead of PNG? ill try tomorrow with PNG on windows version and web version.

yep! thats the problem! when i use PNG, the theme works :D no crash on boot

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yep! thats the problem! when i use PNG, the theme works :D no crash on boot
You most likely had another problem, on the website you must use a JPG file because of an encoding issue on their end:
Quote from the OP
To convert images to DDS you can use this website , only use JPG files because PNG are encoded with the wrong compression.
If you make a dds with the wrong compression it will crash the installer and it will not install anything, usually crashes on boot are due to bad layouts or wrong szs version.
Anyway glad you solved your problem.

FajitaJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok so i asked lockpick dev and he doesn't know either, it depends on sx implementation of emunand, as you seem to be doing everything correctly that's probably the issue, your best option would be to get the keys from the net (which isn't hard at all)

Sorry to dig up that issue again, but I've followed every step in the github tutorial just to get to the same error ("lyt not being found").
I have found the master_keys_06 on the net, but I don't know what to do with them.

I tried editing the prod.keys file by adding the master_keys_06 = ..., but that doesn't change the error that I get.
What am I doing wrong?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to dig up that issue again, but I've followed every step in the github tutorial just to get to the same error ("lyt not being found").
I have found the master_keys_06 on the net, but I don't know what to do with them.

I tried editing the prod.keys file by adding the master_keys_06 = ..., but that doesn't change the error that I get.
What am I doing wrong?
It's master_key_06 not keys. If it still doesn't work you may have found a wrong key, try with another website (you literally just have to search for the key name)

iMGDE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i kinda got worked into the Theme/Layouting Things. But now i have a simple question:

(I'm editing with a TextEditor, not any of those tools because i dont like them)

I want to spin the Clock 90° right.
What do I need to add to this:

Code:
{"PaneName":"N_Time","Scale":{"X":1.1,"Y":1.1}}

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well i kinda got worked into the Theme/Layouting Things. But now i have a simple question:

(I'm editing with a TextEditor, not any of those tools because i dont like them)

I want to spin the Clock 90° right.
What do I need to add to this:

Code:
{"PaneName":"N_Time","Scale":{"X":1.1,"Y":1.1}}
The json format isn't really meant to be manually edited and also i'm not really into layout editing so idk if this works, but there's the rotation parameter :
Code:
 "Rotation": {
            "X": 0.0,
            "Y": 0.0,
            "Z": 90.0
          },

iMGDE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The json format isn't really meant to be manually edited and also i'm not really into layout editing so idk if this works, but there's the rotation parameter :
Code:
 "Rotation": {
            "X": 0.0,
            "Y": 0.0,
            "Z": 90.0
          },
Thanks, it worked. And i use the json format because i saw it in the layouts folder so i figured out how to use it. If there would be an way to edit with a preview i'd use it but afaik there isn't such a thing

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, it worked. And i use the json format because i saw it in the layouts folder so i figured out how to use it. If there would be an way to edit with a preview i'd use it but afaik there isn't such a thing
For now wexos is the only way, i'm working on an actual layout editor with preview that may be out soon enough

peroquelepongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I already extracted keys with CtCaer, am using the NXThemes Installer v1.1 and installed .nxtheme files, then the installer says (reboot system in order to see changes made) when I reboot it doesn't do anything no themes shown anywhere. I am using REINX 2.0 my firmware is 6.2 updated online (burnt fuses I thing) and the games in my switch work only if they are installed xci with dOPUS O.6 .... NSP files don't work for me.

Some of you guys know why themes aren't shown on my switch? Is something missing?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I already extracted keys with CtCaer, am using the NXThemes Installer v1.1 and installed .nxtheme files, then the installer says (reboot system in order to see changes made) when I reboot it doesn't do anything no themes shown anywhere. I am using REINX 2.0 my firmware is 6.2 updated online (burnt fuses I thing) and the games in my switch work only if they are installed xci with dOPUS O.6 .... NSP files don't work for me.

Some of you guys know why themes aren't shown on my switch? Is something missing?
Unlike atmosphere ReiNX doesn't come bundled with LayeredFS, you have to set it up manualy to use custom themes.

peroquelepongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unlike atmosphere ReiNX doesn't come bundled with LayeredFS, you have to set it up manualy to use custom themes.

REINX Toolkit does not show fs_mitm.kip nor pm.kip

In the release notes for REINX 2.0 it says
  • LayeredFS sysmodule (fs_mitm.kip) updated, and now required to boot.
I think if it boots, LayeredFS is already set up. Am I wrong?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
REINX Toolkit does not show fs_mitm.kip nor pm.kip

In the release notes for REINX 2.0 it says
  • LayeredFS sysmodule (fs_mitm.kip) updated, and now required to boot.
I think if it boots, LayeredFS is already set up. Am I wrong?
Not sure, is it possible that you set up reinx before this update was out ? try reinstalling it https://reinx.guide/guide or switching to atmosphere

Reactions: peroquelepongo

peroquelepongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure, is it possible that you set up reinx before this update was out ? try reinstalling it https://reinx.guide/guide or switching to atmosphere

Yes it worked in atmosphere thank you so much.

It could be an issue with kip manager in Exfat format, reading the https://reinx.guide/guide that was the only thing I found to not work. even kip manager doesn't show any plugin unlike nogc.
  • loader.kip
  • sm.kip
  • pm.kip
  • fs_mitm.kip
they all are not shown.

But now it worked in Atmosphere thank you very much.

Reactions: exelix11

peroquelepongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now I have a new problem, this time with the windows aplication switch themes.exe, at nxtheme builder when click (build nxtheme) button, it pops up a window (named theme info) , but when I write the information that window doesn't have any button to accept or enter nor close so I can't finish the theme I got stuck, I only can close the window and click (build nxtheme) and so the same window pops up, and the web application doesn't allow to add .josn files, that is the reason I want to use the windows app.

Edit:
now I know the reason and I share it for the people with the same problem, SWITCH THEMES is not working well in windows 7 it has some graphical bugs and troubles with buttons. I tried in windows 10 it worked perfectly.

Last edited by peroquelepongo,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Does anyone have an example json file with this:

Only for picture panes (pic1) :

• ColorTL : Top left vertex color
  • ColorTR : Top right vertex color
  • ColorBL : Bottom left vertex color
  • ColorBR : Bottom right vertex color these values must be an hexadecimal color string, for example "FFFFFF" is white
I've tried adding those values into my own json files, but can never get them to work - I end up having to patch files using webxosf - then injecting them into my szs files.

MitsukiUchiwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey, i'm trying to do a custom theme but i'd like to delete the white line at the bottom of the screen, does anybody know what I have to delete to make it disapear?
Is there any spreadsheet with a file list in ResidentMenu and what they're for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr