RELEASE [Release/Tutorial] Switch theme injector : Easily make custom themes

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by exelix11, Sep 24, 2018.

1. exelix11
    OP

exelix11 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    C:\users\exelix11\
    Sounds like either sd corruption or the archive bit issue, check if this soultion works for you.

2. soundsofmath

soundsofmath Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2017
    United States
    good evening i would greatly appreciate your assistance how to you change game size and position ive tried in switch layout editor and it tells me property value is not valid input string was not in correct format it says that when i try and edit scroll are scroll window n game root n game or n icon any help would be greatly appreciated i want to move the games to the top and make them half the original size and centered again thanks in advance have a good evening

3. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    I'm not really into layout editing but to change the game size you have to edit the base layout and not rdtBase, iirc is called something like rdtGame. About the value error make sure to use the correct format for your pc (like dot instead of comma for decimals).
    For other layout stuff ask in the layout editor thread or in qcean on discord, there are people more experienced with layout esiting who can help you

4. MTG

MTG Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    It seems that was the problem. Thank you so much

exelix11 likes this.
  5. soundsofmath

soundsofmath Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2017
    United States
    thanks for the response and the info was helpful it is greatly appreciated have a great day

exelix11 likes this.
  6. BxThanos

BxThanos Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    United States
    hi guys I'm trying to get themes working on my switch but I keep getting this error. I'm on 7.0.1 and I'm using sx pro 6.2.1 CFW games are running great just cant get the themes to work I have a folder named sxos on the root of my card. any help would be great

Error Message: Couldn't find any cfw folder. make sure you either the atmosphere,reinx or sxos folder in your sd card.

7. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    Make sure the folder is actually called "sxos" lowercase and no spaces and that you have latest version of the installer. If it still doesn't work it could be sd corruption.

8. BxThanos

BxThanos Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    United States
    does the "sxos" folder have to be on the root of the sd card? what if the sd card is corrupted what can I do about it? thanks for your reply

9. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    Yes, in the root of sd card.
    If the sd is corrupted not sure about what to do, i'd start by copying all the files to a pc to be safe, especially if you have important stuff like a nand backup.
    On switch you should always use FAT32 formatted sd cards cause the exfat driver is buggy and it's the one that causes the corruption.

10. bytar

bytar Holy Knight

Jan 5, 2016
    Japan
    in order to using themes must we use fat32 format?

Last edited by bytar, Apr 14, 2019
  11. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    No but it's recommended, the switch os often corrupts exfat sd cards for some reason, especially when using homebrews.

12. scionae

scionae *clicking circles*

Dec 28, 2016
    Italy
    Hey, I have a problem. I am using the 1.4 installer and I'm on 7.0.1 (atmosphere) but everytime I load NXThemes Installer I get an error: "Lockpick Error: run with debug svc permissions" or something like that. I have everything printed from TSEC to fuses to keys, what is happening?

13. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    You have to run it from the album applet, nsp forwarders don't work

14. scionae

scionae *clicking circles*

Dec 28, 2016
    Italy
    I do run it from the album...

15. toto621

toto621 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
  16. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    Animations are being worked on but they're pretty limited by the way the home menu is programmed

Which firmware are you running ?

17. skydancer93

skydancer93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    Tried a bunch of themes with the latest version of NX Themes Installer and while the backgrounds will load, you will not be able to move in the main menu and animations will not work. Everything works as normal on 7.0.1. So themes ARE broken on 8.0.0. both animated and non animated

18. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    this happens to me too.

19. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    It's known, we have been talking about this on discord. All szs themes are broken on 8.0, nxthemes still work depending on the layout (broken scrolling), nxthemes without layout still work as usual. We're working on a fix.

Manurocker95 likes this.
  20. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Awesome then. I really like this tool.

exelix11 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted