Peanut42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi

This is another port for an already made game (Thin Ice). The mission for this game is melt every ice space completely on each maze.

The game is fully playable. This time, it features a lot of things:
  • Playable with touch screen or circle pad or dpad.
  • Intro Screen
  • In-game fully tested
  • Sound effects
  • 19 levels, each one more difficult the the previous.
The Controls are:
  • Start: Exits
  • A, B, X, Y: Moves the view (aka when you can't see the whole Maze)
  • Dpad: Moves the puffle (aka the little red thing on fire)
  • Circle pad: Moves the puffle
Download:
Only for Ninjhax, for the moment.

One of my friends tested it on Ninjhax2 and is WORKING.

- smea for Ninjhax.

Source code is available at Github.

Original Game:
Paddle Puffle in Club Penguin, (Linux, Windows port).

Sorry, I don't have screenshots this time, but If someone can post one, it will be pretty much appreciated. Also, if some can melt every ice on all the 19 levels will be my hero. (Hint: there are extra ice tiles in the level 19).

pingas123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, this is cool! I'd be extremely happy if you somehow ported the Puffle Rescue games or at the very least the Astro Barrier game. Here's an idea: when you lose a level, you get Play Coins.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
This is my first time experiencing anything Club Penguin-related, and it's really a solid game. I think the only thing I'd like to see is some sort of menu which shows progress and allows resuming from a later stage. The game itself is quite similar to Oliver Kirwa's Sensitive on the Commodore 64 (there was also a homebrew port on the DS), I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed that. Nice work.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I would also like to see some sort of info on the bottom screen such as score, level number, lives etc. Also, with the ice being 'thin' it would be nice if it cracked after a second or two, rather than only then you move away, which would make the game slightly more difficult and also slightly easier (you could suicide easier if you make a mistake).

The game itself is quite similar to Oliver Kirwa's Sensitive on the Commodore 64 (there was also a homebrew port on the DS), I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed that. Nice work.

I like it though, its exactly my kind of game (I made that DS port of Sensitive). I would have made a 3DS port by now, only I haven't really found the motivation to jump into 3DS homebrew.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Here are some screenshots. The game is fun! Thanks :yay:
V2txhIB.png

2IfgelF.png
I03ttbe.png

I also made this one. All in one and rezied to fit better. :)

axe4Zpw.png

Last edited by JJTapia19,

Peanut42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, this is cool! I'd be extremely happy if you somehow ported the Puffle Rescue games or at the very least the Astro Barrier game. Here's an idea: when you lose a level, you get Play Coins.

I plan to port Astro Barrier latter, the main problem with Astro Barrier is the lua library that I use for the levels. If you want to play an offline version of Astro Barrier, check it out at puffles.gatuno.mx

Puffle Rescue is another good idea, maybe it could be my next game...

This is my first time experiencing anything Club Penguin-related, and it's really a solid game. I think the only thing I'd like to see is some sort of menu which shows progress and allows resuming from a later stage. The game itself is quite similar to Oliver Kirwa's Sensitive on the Commodore 64 (there was also a homebrew port on the DS), I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed that. Nice work.

I know that is really annoying to restart from the beginning, but thats how the original game works, so I don't plan to do a save-progress feature.

I would also like to see some sort of info on the bottom screen such as score, level number, lives etc. Also, with the ice being 'thin' it would be nice if it cracked after a second or two, rather than only then you move away, which would make the game slightly more difficult and also slightly easier (you could suicide easier if you make a mistake).

The game does count score and level number and every thing else (you don't have lives in this game). But I still don't learn how to render texts on screen, so you will have to wait.

About the 'thin' ice, sorry, thats how the original game works. Don't take this personal, I'm not very creative with games, but I like programming, so I just 'clone' games for fun. For me, the game must be the most accurate as possible.

Thanks to all for the feedback!
Thanks to JJTapia19 for the good screenshots!

Last edited by Peanut42,
Reactions: JJTapia19

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Woah cool, some new homebrew. And spinal_cord, you are back. i thought you left since 2010 from DS homebrew and you are back now with 3DS homebrew. BTW i loved your DSision2 and DiagnoSe for ds

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Woah cool, some new homebrew. And spinal_cord, you are back. i thought you left since 2010 from DS homebrew and you are back now with 3DS homebrew. BTW i loved your DSision2 and DiagnoSe for ds
@Peanut42 I didn't know you were the one who made DSision, I still use that on my DS today :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: