Hacking [Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
No you can not rewrite ntags.

Does that include the nfc cards? I would assume they're the same as the stickers, but in the product description of the ones I got it says "Write endurance
> 100000 cycles". Not really sure what that means, but sounds like u can rewrite on them?

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does that include the nfc cards? I would assume they're the same as the stickers, but in the product description of the ones I got it says "Write endurance
> 100000 cycles". Not really sure what that means, but sounds like u can rewrite on them?

To make an Amiibo work, certain parts of the NFC Chip needs to be made write protected. You cant revoke that so it wont allow you to rewrite it.

Reactions: Varia

Mekkii

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

I'm hoping, with a bit of luck, someone might be able to help me out with setting this up. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running 6.0.1. I've downloaded every version of TagMo possible and attempted to install it, but it will only sit on the installing screen. It'll stay like that for about 5 minutes, then the phone will crash and restart itself. So far I've tried every version in the TagMo repo as well as the universal, armeabi, etc. versions. I've also tried most posted in this thread involving fixes for Samsung phones, but none of them seem to install. Google isn't bringing up any more results for me at this point, so am I pretty much SOL and need to look for a different phone for setting this up?

Last edited by Mekkii,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks,

I'm hoping, with a bit of luck, someone might be able to help me out with setting this up. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running 6.0.1. I've downloaded every version of TagMo possible and attempted to install it, but it will only sit on the installing screen. It'll stay like that for about 5 minutes, then the phone will crash and restart itself. So far I've tried every version in the TagMo repo as well as the universal, armeabi, etc. versions. I've also tried most posted in this thread involving fixes for Samsung phones, but none of them seem to install. Google isn't bringing up any more results for me at this point, so am I pretty much SOL and need to look for a different phone for setting this up?
Are you sure you have "Unknown Sources" enabled?

Since this APK is not signed by Google, you have to enable unknown sources.

If it's still not installing, then there is something wrong with your OS. If you can, you should try flashing a custom Rom on your S5. Or at least try to flash back to a stock OS, or try resetting your device back to stock in system settings.

You could also try downloading a 3rd party APK installer from the Play Store, and use that to install TagMo, and see what happens.

If none of that works, maybe try updating to Android 7.0?

Last edited by TheTechGenius,
Reactions: Mekkii

Mekkii

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. It was most likely an issue with the way the OS on my phone is handling installing 3rd party APK files - I downloaded a couple of different installers from the Play Store and one of them managed to get it installed and running. The NFC tags I ordered are arriving today, so hopefully everything will be all good there.

Thanks for the response, appreciate the help!

Reactions: TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. It was most likely an issue with the way the OS on my phone is handling installing 3rd party APK files - I downloaded a couple of different installers from the Play Store and one of them managed to get it installed and running. The NFC tags I ordered are arriving today, so hopefully everything will be all good there.

Your welcome! I'm glad you got it installed!

laladude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi Mekkii, I am having similar problems with you except mine is getting a "unfortunately package installer has stopped" (same phone S5 and 6.0.1) Can I know what installer you used to get it to work? and which version were you using?

Last edited by laladude,

Mekkii

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Mekkii, I am having similar problems with you except mine is getting a "unfortunately package installer has stopped" (same phone S5 and 6.0.1) Can I know what installer you used to get it to work? and which version were you using?

Hey man. I used version 2.1 of TagMo (it was the only one I had left on my phone, others may work) and the app that worked for me was one called "App Manager - Apk Installer" on the Play store.

laladude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man. I used version 2.1 of TagMo (it was the only one I had left on my phone, others may work) and the app that worked for me was one called "App Manager - Apk Installer" on the Play store.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I managed to get it working using ES File Explorer and version 2.3.2 of TagMo

Reactions: Mekkii

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to know if the reddit tutorial will be good to make my own power tag amiibo with tag mo. I know that there was a few things I needed to check like like the enable power tag support and also have the NTAG 2 15 validation enabled too. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing it correctly the first time and not waste the power tag.

kolosus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the newer tags, the zelda champion for example, do not show up on tagmo as recognized. I mean, they have the picture/icon associated with the amiibo but not the name shows up as "Unknown". Any plans on updating the database or anyway to set your own names? Very useful app.

sekazi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the newer tags, the zelda champion for example, do not show up on tagmo as recognized. I mean, they have the picture/icon associated with the amiibo but not the name shows up as "Unknown". Any plans on updating the database or anyway to set your own names? Very useful app.
Did you go to settings in TagMo then run Sync Amiibo info? Mine show fine.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed some dumps are different from eachother.
One of this example is Corrin Player 2.
The guy who dumped it, even released 4 dumps for the same Amiibo.
Does anyone knows why this happens?
How do I know the right one to choose?
Thanks.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
is this thing still working?
I installed the apk from github to my old galaxy S5 phone running android 6.0.1, however always got crash whenever I pick Load NTAG button

Code:
Process: com.hiddenramblings.tagmo, PID: 15357
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
       at java.util.TimSort.mergeLo(TimSort.java:761)
       at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(TimSort.java:497)
       at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(TimSort.java:424)
       at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:210)
       at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1998)
       at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:1900)
       at com.hiddenramblings.tagmo.BrowserAmiibosAdapter$AmiiboFilter.publishResults(BrowserAmiibosAdapter.java:327)
       at android.widget.Filter$ResultsHandler.handleMessage(Filter.java:282)
       at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
       at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:158)
       at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7224)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
       at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1230)
       at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1120)
  Force finishing activity com.hiddenramblings.tagmo/.BrowserActivity_
was thinking to submit this to github issue, but I think it's no longer maintained

DeafTard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thread! This helped me with using tagmo and being able to not open my amiibos from their original packaging.

Anyways, I have a pretty embarrassing question since I'm still new at this but here it goes....

A few days ago, I created a bunch of zelda amiibos and write the tagmo codes to my NFC 215 stickers. Anyways, I accidentally forgot to label the stickers and I'm having a hard time figuring out which is which. Does anyone know how to find out what amiibo I have just by scanning the NFC sticker? Some of the amiibos I scanned on the tagmo will tell me the name of the amiibo such as, Wolf-Link, which I used for zelda botw. However, several of the others NFC stickers I made, when I scan em the tagmo just defines the sticker as a bunch of numbers.

I tried scanning the amiibos to my switch and 3ds, just hoping it would tell me exactly which amiibo character is attached to the NFC sticker but no luck.

Anyways, that's about it. I just want to be able to figure out which character is tied to the NFC sticker so that I can finally label them as whatever character it is cause there is so many Zelda amiibos that when I scan the sticker in the game it doesnt tell me which character amiibo I scanned.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jalink9406

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
is this thing still working?
I installed the apk from github to my old galaxy S5 phone running android 6.0.1, however always got crash whenever I pick Load NTAG button

Code:
Process: com.hiddenramblings.tagmo, PID: 15357
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
       at java.util.TimSort.mergeLo(TimSort.java:761)
       at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(TimSort.java:497)
       at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(TimSort.java:424)
       at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:210)
       at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1998)
       at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:1900)
       at com.hiddenramblings.tagmo.BrowserAmiibosAdapter$AmiiboFilter.publishResults(BrowserAmiibosAdapter.java:327)
       at android.widget.Filter$ResultsHandler.handleMessage(Filter.java:282)
       at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
       at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:158)
       at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7224)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
       at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1230)
       at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1120)
  Force finishing activity com.hiddenramblings.tagmo/.BrowserActivity_
was thinking to submit this to github issue, but I think it's no longer maintained

Try an earlier version. The last version didn't work for me on my Galaxy S5 but version 2.3.2 works perfectly.

Great thread! This helped me with using tagmo and being able to not open my amiibos from their original packaging.

Anyways, I have a pretty embarrassing question since I'm still new at this but here it goes....

A few days ago, I created a bunch of zelda amiibos and write the tagmo codes to my NFC 215 stickers. Anyways, I accidentally forgot to label the stickers and I'm having a hard time figuring out which is which. Does anyone know how to find out what amiibo I have just by scanning the NFC sticker? Some of the amiibos I scanned on the tagmo will tell me the name of the amiibo such as, Wolf-Link, which I used for zelda botw. However, several of the others NFC stickers I made, when I scan em the tagmo just defines the sticker as a bunch of numbers.

I tried scanning the amiibos to my switch and 3ds, just hoping it would tell me exactly which amiibo character is attached to the NFC sticker but no luck.

Anyways, that's about it. I just want to be able to figure out which character is tied to the NFC sticker so that I can finally label them as whatever character it is cause there is so many Zelda amiibos that when I scan the sticker in the game it doesnt tell me which character amiibo I scanned.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Maybe try scanning them on BOTW to see what items each one gives and cross reference with the data on the internet for each amiibo. Or try to get the exclusive items for each one to be sure. I don't know any other method.

ilegitimado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello mate. Sorry if this was answered in the post or in any comments. I have original amiibos and some amiibos made at home with that NFC tags. Can I dump them (and save them in a safe place) and write another amiibo file into them? Sorry for being so noob :(

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello mate. Sorry if this was answered in the post or in any comments. I have original amiibos and some amiibos made at home with that NFC tags. Can I dump them (and save them in a safe place) and write another amiibo file into them? Sorry for being so noob :(
No. Once you write a character to a tag, that becomes read-only and cannot be edited. You can only edit the save file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo