Homebrew [Release] Sunshell - A powerfull shell for 3DS

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone direct me to the link of the cia for sunshell pls. and does it work on o3ds with B9s sys11.7
This project is deprecated. It will not work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From Rinn's website: http://rinnegatamante.it/Sunshell_038.rar

No idea if it works on newer firms, but I assume it does.
It does not work. I got it to “work” on an o3DS on 6.3, but by that i mean I got a different problem other than a black screen. This program does not work. It’s not compatable with B9S at all.

messerchadger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably won’t even be able to check if it’s correct, it likely won’t boot on your 3DS and might not even compile properly.

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I won't try hex code etc. without guaranteeing I have the right version. These scenarios always play out differently installing things on R4 and Internal SD. And the wheel turns....

enthusiasticGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wait is over! Sunshell-file-auto-placer link in my signature! Also fixes your boot.3dsx! Try it now!
On a slightly different topic, do you want me to make other file-auto-placers? Such as a gameyob fixer or a CHMM one?

i know it was like 4 years ago but could you send the link to the sunshell-auto-file-putter? it isnt in your signature anymore... (unless idk what you mean by signature, i just signed up :P)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
i know it was like 4 years ago but could you send the link to the sunshell-auto-file-putter? it isnt in your signature anymore... (unless idk what you mean by signature, i just signed up :P)
Wow, signing up just for this, I'm honoured! :D Tbh, I completely forgot I made such software. If you really want, I could try searching for it later today, but Sunshell is old and not maintained, not to mention not needed anymore. I don't know if it will even run on the current firmware/homebrew environment.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, signing up just for this, I'm honoured! :D Tbh, I completely forgot I made such software. If you really want, I could try searching for it later today, but Sunshell is old and not maintained, not to mention not needed anymore. I don't know if it will even run on the current firmware/homebrew environment.
It doesn't work entirely on any recent system versions or luma versions, you'd have to downgrade everything to around what it was when Sunshell was released in order for it to work, or have an outdated 3ds lying around from years ago.

enthusiasticGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I suppose you're right... perhaps that's the reason it isn't working for me. I know it's pretty much uneeded because of the switch, but I just want Sunshell for my 3DS because it looks cool and interesting, and I quite honestly use my 3DS as a laptop of sorts. Don't judge me, lol! It looks like one! I Thank you for your help!

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I suppose you're right... perhaps that's the reason it isn't working for me. I know it's pretty much uneeded because of the switch, but I just want Sunshell for my 3DS because it looks cool and interesting, and I quite honestly use my 3DS as a laptop of sorts. Don't judge me, lol! It looks like one! I Thank you for your help!
Alright so I couldn't find it sadly. But if you download the latest release from Rinnegatamante's site it has a really good readme which explains the installation very clearly. And if you get stuck with the process, feel free to ask! (Only for Sunshell installation though, I can't do anything about FW compatibility problems.)

Reactions: Seriel

enthusiasticGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I couldn't find it sadly. But if you download the latest release from Rinnegatamante's site it has a really good readme which explains the installation very clearly. And if you get stuck with the process, feel free to ask! (Only for Sunshell installation though, I can't do anything about FW compatibility problems.)

I think its installed properly but after looking into possible fw compatibility issues, I don't think the latest b9s is supported. Thank you for your help though!

Steven Lopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Sunshell still work on fw 11.x?
I can confirm that Sunshell and Organiz3D, previously not working on most of the recent Luma builds, now work on Luma update v10.2.1. My New 3DS is running firmware 11.14.0-46U.

From what I've read, the issue with Sunshell and Organiz3D booting into a blackscreen was caused by a change to the graphics library in ctrulib. I'm not how updating Luma would fix this issue, but I do know that these homebrew apps suddenly work now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs